Gates of Hades will not overpower the Congregation? 1900 Years with NO Congregation??

by FusionTheism 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Matthew 16:18: Also, I say to you: You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my congregation, and the gates of the Grave will not overpower it.

And yet, the very latest David Splane Video on tv.jw.org says there was NO Faithful Slave for 1900 years and NO true Congregation, and perhaps not even any Anointed living.

How does this Scripture make any sense then?

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Jesus says: The Congregation will NEVER be overpowered.

The Governing Body says: The Congregation was overpowered for 1900 years.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    hmm... wasn't Jesus referring to his own "death"?
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Infact. There were no people before............them. Not 'real' people anyway.

That was a wonderful mistake the society made; putting this David Splane chap up there denouncing everything for the past 1,900 years.

This doctrine is going to plague them in it's insupportable arrogance and lack of scriptural evidence.. I can hardly wait for the comments and counter arguments that will follow this splendid video.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

And I forgot to include this Scripture also, which could present more logical problems with this new view from David Splane:

Matthew 28:20: teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! **I am with you all the days** until the conclusion of the system of things.”

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Also lets not forget the scriptures where Jesus said not to exalt yourselves and in several places in the NT it says god finds no favoritism meaning one Christians is no better then another. Last but not least where Paul in 1 Corinthian's states that your leaders mean nothing at all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit