The well's drying up

by expatbrit 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hey JT,

Think of the human logistics for the 1 baptismal candidate. 2 attendants to monitor the roped off rows and guide candidate to changing area. 1 Speaker. 1 Chairman to make announcement, "no flashing the candidate, and reserve applause till the end." 2 Baptizers in the water, 1 elder to count (duh! 1..), 1 sister to hand towel and mop floor, 1 to mop and clean changing area. 9 in all.

Nicolaou,

Who was the candidate? Was it a new convert or just a kid? You'd think with all the kids of JW's that there'd be more than one candidate. What did they announce in the afternoon, that 1 person was baptized or did they name them? What was the talk on "needs of the circuit" about? Lack of conversion by any chance?

Thirdsn

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Welshman
    Welshman

Hi Nico,
    I used to be at Bowes Rd for circuit assemblies in the 1990's.Were you in the Greek section?Not many got baptized then but at least 8 - 10 normally so it shows how their sources are drying up and they are haemorrhaging badly in the UK.....

Regards Welshman

• Englishman
    Englishman

Fred,

I personally do not believe that you are the original Fred Hall from H20, can you prove that you are?

Also, It would appear that this web site alone is attracting more members than the UK witnesses are baptising, how do you account for that?

Englishman

• larc
    larc

Under the thread "JW decline", I summarized some statistics. For one, they have shown zero growth or decline in 22 countries over the last two years. Their growth is entirely in third world countries. One fact that I forgot to mention is that their number getting baptized in these 22 countries has fallen by 30-50% over the last ten years. The basis for my summary can be found at Randy's freeminds site.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Welshman:
    I've been going to Bowes Rd since I was 8 or 9 years old, in fact I got baptised there, but not at the Greek assemblies.

Thirdson:
    I don't know the candidate/brother personally. I remember the speaker said his name was George, he looked in his early to mid twenties. I did notice that he didn't have any family sitting with him [easy to tell as he is clearly West Indian but was siting amid white bro's].

Actually, this is the second time we have had a single baptismal candidate. The same thing happened 12 months ago at the last Special Assembly Day.

By the way, ever notice the Society reference at the bottom of the Special Assembly Day programmes?

SAD/pgmE

http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit