Studies in the Scriptures - Free Download

by apostate 15 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Scorpion

The change in the measurements may not have altered the theology, but it did change the date 1914 to 1915.

No controversy here, Russell calculated his years the Jewish way, October to October, thus the year would be October 1914 through October 1915, remembering that there was no Zero year.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

RR,

So why the change from 1914 to 1915 if what Russell said was clear in the first place as far as his end time predictions? By the defense you post for Russell useing what you call the Jewish way, we now have the delema of looking to October of 1916.

You may not see the controversy because you support the false assumptions of Russell. Russell was wrong about the date's as well as his false expectations. Christ did not come in 1874 and the end did not take place in 1914. The date's mean nothing as well as the failed events.

• RR
    RR

Scorpion

You may not see the controversy because you support the false assumptions of Russell. Russell was wrong about the date's as well as his false expectations. Christ did not come in 1874 and the end did not take place in 1914. The date's mean nothing as well as the failed events.

tell you what 'Scorp' let's just end the conversation here, I don't see any problem with the chronology or what was/is to be expected. If you choose to reject it and any/all of Russell's commentaries that is fine with me, I however, have faith in it, having studied it out and compared scripture with scripture BELIEVE in it. Time will tell who was right and who was wrong. You have a nice life!

Edited by - RR on 14 March 2001 21:56:19

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Ok RR,

We will end the conversation here. The thing is, time has already told who is right and who is wrong.

• RR
    RR

Whose time, yours or Jehovah's?

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Certainly not Pestor Russell's time.

I would go with Jehovah's. Hopefully you will stop trying to read into God's time what is not there.

Take care RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit