God loves Gay, Lesbian, and Transgendered People

by FusionTheism 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Your assertion that the OT can be dismissed by christians is ridiculous. The god of the OT is the god and father of Jesus. Apparently he is unchanging.

You are an Atheist telling Christians how to be Christians? That's what is ridiculous. Many Christian churches do not follow a literal interpretation of the visible, or even a loose interpretation of the bible. The bible itself in contradictory, so any Christian religion will by definition choose some scriptures to follow and others to ignore.

The Christian scriptures clearly indicate says that Jesus came to fulfil the law. Jesus said of an adulterous woman "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", what did that mean other than that the Hebrew laws need not be followed?

Some of the new testament writers did write that homosexuality was a sin, but that does not mean they were necessarily right. Christians at the time did disagree with each other and have different opinions about things, just like today.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Some of the new testament writers did write that homosexuality was a sin, but that does not mean they were necessarily right.

This is why people like you need treatment.

You are an Atheist telling Christians how to be Christians?

are you a disciple telling the apostles how to teach?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Bottom line. All scripture is inspired and beneficial... no? That's in the NT and if I am not mistaken refers to the OT as well. So rape. Murder. Bigotry. Incest. Genocide. Hate. All that lovely stuff from the OT is "good" according the NT in your book of fairy tales.
  • FusionTheism
    FusionTheism
    Hebrews chapter 8 says the Old Testament was faulty, has been replaced by Jesus' New Covenant, and has become obsolete.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Hebrews chapter 8 says the Old Testament was faulty, has been replaced by Jesus' New Covenant, and has become obsolete.

Wrong, it says that the mosaic law was faulty because nobody could live up to it. It does not say the entire Old Testament was, and Paul is writing, the same man who later wrote that ALL scripture is inspired by God. Paul was trained at the feet of Gamaliel and a Pharisee and a Jew - he held the Old Testament with the most respect and absolutely had them in mind when referring to scripture because there was no New Testament when he wrote those words. The Old Testament was all they had and was viewed as sacred because it supposedly confirmed Christ.

Youre wrong.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Hebrews 8:7-9: If that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second.

For he does find fault with the people when he says:

“‘Look! The days are coming,’ says Jehovah, ‘when I will make with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant. It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day I took hold of their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, because they did not remain in my covenant, so I stopped caring for them,’ says Jehovah.

-------

Hebrews 8:13: In his saying “a new covenant,” he has made the former one obsolete. Now what is obsolete and growing old is near to vanishing away.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Jonathan,

Go ahead and explain the meaning of Hebrews 8:13, I'll be waiting right here.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

FusionTheism something probably 99.9% of us on here have in common is at one time we took the bible as the infallible word of god... truth. At one point. Some have abandoned it all together. Some still hold on. You are still holding on.

Since we all gave the bible the courtesy of believing it you should give not believing it some courtesy. Completely look at it from either a neutral standpoint ot fake all together. When you view it as the work of men, believe me the truth in the bible speaks much greater volumes to you, and that truth is its a bunch of rubbish. But you can't ever see thay when you are blinded by bias, when you are afraid the desert god is going to smite you for not believing, that you aren't going to get your own lion petting zoo in paradise. I think you are a sincere person FT and this is not ridicule but grow some balls and look at it for what it is. Just for a whIle. A permanent agnostic is just an atheist without balls. Most all of here that are godless took that trip through agnostism first. Don't get stuck. See it all the way through withou bias, then if you want to go back. OK. But you need to let it all go to see it for what it is. I mean this in all true kindess. Again not trying to belittle you at all.

Your friend FMF.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Freemindfade,

How is it "freethinking" if I'm forced to conform to YOUR atheism?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit