The meeting my wife and I had with her elder.

by FRUSR8TD 14 Replies latest jw friends

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

dantheman---nope...I was a little too umm....enthusiastic in giveing her books on the subject when she first decided to go back....now the only thing with writeing she will take from me is green with dead pesidents on it.

(need a spell checker!!)...LOL

• patio34
    patio34

(((((((Frusr8td))))))

I think my blood pressure went up in sympathy for what you went thru!! What a guy you are to keep on trying!

Pat

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Hi Frustr8ted,

Re: Marriage counseling.

Please look carefully for a good one. This person is going to need to have some knowledge about JW/cult issues. Not just the "regular" marriage woes.

I wish you well. It must be very difficult to be on your position.

Andee

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 17 July 2002 10:45:49

• termite 35
    termite 35

wow Frustr8ted;i'm impressed; what a guy!!!

I hope your wife appreciates all the concern you're showing her.Even if she dos'nt agree with you, she 's very lucky to have you.

My husband did'nt say anything for a while when I started going to meetings;then he 'banned' the children from going; which I ignored and took them anyway(their eternal life was at stake afterall...!)But eventually he just let me get on with it.

I can honestly say that if he'd shown me evidence of bad behaviour in the O rg I would have left like a shot; I needed an excuse to go as I hated it all; but kept being 'persuaded' to stay by witnesses telling me it was persecution and if there WAS any evidence, where was it?

I guess I wish he'd fought for me, as you're doing for your wife.Instead of waiting for me to be brave enough to hunt for it and facing everyone when they got really mad with me.

in time it may hit home- but you never know; it may have already .

Good luck

I

• jgnat
    jgnat

Frustr8ed, I face a similar problem. My honey is attempting to be reinstated, but he has not been entirely honest with them about being with an "unbeliever". We will marry soon. Then everything will hit the fan with the WTS, I am sure.

With my sweetheart, I am totally honest about my concerns about the society, though I am respecting his freedom of choice. I will be at his side if he decides that the WTS is not the way to go. Unlikely to happen, unless he is convinced he will not die if he leaves.

I have decided to keep quiet about my doubts when talking with any other member of the WTS. It is none of their business, and would cause needless pain. So I chose to remain anonymous, here, just in case.

And by the way, it is great to have this outlet to freely express myself, to bounce off ideas, to sharpen my own faith. I was bursting with all these questions about all the obvious and ridiculous contradictions in doctrine before I found this site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit