NCC reaches out to WTS / LDS !!!

by Amazing 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Amazing,

thanks for this piece of information. Do you think it'll develop

into something like the United Nations affair??

Be certain that I'll look into all the links that you have indicated.

Blondie: Excellent researches for our archives!

Mustang: I do believe that your comment is very, very near

to the actual truth, concerning the policy of the WBTS

Inc.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI Mac:

Do you think it'll develop into something like the United Nations affair??

Possibly, but I am not sure. It is hard to imagine that the NCC would bother mentioning the Jehovah's Witnesses unless there were at least some dialogue going on in private ... but as yet, I have no direct evidence for this. But the fact that the NCC took time to discuss both the LDS and the WTS in the same sentance strongly suggests to me that the LDS does not mind the attention, but the WTS does not yet want the publicity.

If it proves to be that the Society was/is negotiating, and/or becomes a member, or even an affiliate of any type ... then I have no doubt that it will be even worse than the UN saga ... because the Watchtgower Society has been far more vicious for far longer toward religions than they have toward governments. The Bible makes them behave toward government ... 'give unto Caesar' rule ... but with religion, there is no such limitation.

I hope you do check the links I provided. I would appreciate your review. The way it is referenced right now, the JWs are mentioned very breifly ... and suggests that this is something only the NCC is talking about ... but, what is not said is what I am also reading ... kind of between the lines ... admittedly, this on my part is speculative, but I have some very good undisclosed reasons for saying so.

Edited by - Amazing on 5 July 2002 17:39:32

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Could this have anything to do with this old thread?
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=14217&site=3

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI German: Regarding the link you cite,
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=14217&site=3 No, not really. I did comment to Jimiah on that thread, but I do not recall that he ever accepted my invitation for him to email me ... he could have, but I just don't recall ... so it did not turn into anything ...

I have been watching the NCC for a long time and already had some research developed when he posted about the IBSA and the WCC ... However, I am very appreciative of you posting that thread, because it does link the IBSA and the WCC in one sense ... a charity connection ... so, this is good to keep linked together ... excellent and thanks much.

• nancee park
    nancee park

It's crazy they were an official Non-Governmental Organization in the UN 10 years till exposed on the internet they had the gall to claim they had just become a member in order to get a UN library research card! It's never ever been required anyone become an NGO just to get a UN library card! Why are they selling out the rank-and-file like this? Do they really think people never find out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit