Do you agree with these philosophies?

by gravedancer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I have researched and I have formulated the opinion based on my research and logic, and I have come to the conclusion that the Church of Satan is indeed evil. Anyone who thinks otherwise is insane like the founder.

Instead of making blanket statements and defaming a dead man's good name, perhaps you'd like to tell us why you think the Church of Satan is evil. Is it the rejection of the supernatural, or the emphasis on individual responsibility you object to, or someting else?

I agree to a large extent with all nine of the statements, although some may need to be qualified. Number eight, especially, needs to be qualified by a prohibition on violating the rights of others. I'm fairly sure Satanism does this.

• Sirona
    Sirona

OK, I dont agree with most of those statements.

The trouble with Satanism is that it gives the followers a ticket to harming other people.

kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates

or "I can be kind to who I want and if I decide someone is an ingrate I can treat them badly"

vengeance instead of turning the other cheek
    man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all

those two statements can almost be said to condone many acts of violence or even murder since "after all man is just an animal".

all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification

I presume this is saying the so called sins are not wrong. Again we have a ticket to murder, thieve, hurt others, and hurt ourselves.

If someone chooses to be a Satanist, then thats fine for them....as long as they don't use their "principles" to justify wrongdoing and crime. On the plus side of Satanism, at least they allow freedom of thought and expression.

Sirona

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Sirona,

The trouble with Satanism is that it gives the followers a ticket to harming other people.

If you read The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth and The Nine Satanic Sins you should see that your concerns are dealt with. Satanists do not have the right to harm others, except those who harm them.

• SYN
    SYN

indulgence instead of abstinence Yes, provided others aren't hurt and you retain self-respect. Myself, I try and stay healthy physically and mentally.

vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreamsNot too sure about this one...could you clarify it a bit GD? But if it means what I think it does, then I wholeheartedly agree, that one should try and solve problems in a concrete way in reality, not live for a promised "Paradise" or something silly like that.

undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceitYES!

kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingratesYES!

vengeance instead of turning the other cheekWell, my motto is, do unto others as you would want them to do unto you!

responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampiresHMMM! What's the definition of "psychic vampire"?

man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all
    It is certainly true that man is the most vicious animal of all. Man is by far the deadliest predator ever to walk upon this world.

all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratificationDepends on your definition of "sin", really. To me, sin is a silly concept, and I go by my own heart, and try not to hurt others mainly...

Edited to add: I also find it amusing when people get all uppity about "Satanism". Geesh. Get a grip.

Edited by - SYN on 5 July 2002 6:46:29

• Sirona
    Sirona

FD,

Good point. I'm still uncomfortable with it because there is so much leeway for them to 'decide' that someone needs 'punishing'. What I mean is, someone may do something to you that you don't like, but do two wrongs always make a right? and who decides the severity of the retaliation?

I know it sounds "fluffy bunny", but I'm inclined to steer away from vengeance and try to protect myself. In the case of crimes, let the authorities give out the punishment.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit