Up for grabs: The Rutherford Award!

by expatbrit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Announcing the Rutherford Award for Predicting New Light!

How do you get your grubby little apostate fingers on this wonderful award? Simple!

Just predict what you think will be the next bit of "new light" coming down the heavenly cable modem to Brooklyn. If you're right, you get the award!

More blood fractions? Another date for the big A? Whoops, God changed his mind about the Sodomites again?

Make your prediction!

Note: The Rutherford Award doesn't actually consist of anything. It's an antitypical award, you see. (Acknowledgements to Fred Franz for that bit of cobblers.) However, we may try to get Michael Jackson to present it in any case.

Looking forward to your prophetic visions!

Expatbrit.

Edited by - Expatbrit516 on 6 March 2001 23:32:12

• larc
    larc

The next new light.

Trevor explained this one very well a few weeks ago. Armageddon has already arrived, but it was invisible and we are living in an invisible paradise. I don't know how to retrieve his message. Hopefully, he will be here tommorow to show us the way.

• TR
    TR

I predict that the FDS will place the time of the end in yet the further distant future by doing a re-vote on the "sputnik" doctrine. The "generation" of 1914 will be changed to 1957 as per Schroeder, Klein and Suiter's suggestion. I thought this would be appropriate what with all the new space technology development.

TR

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I predict that many Bakeries will go out of business in the USA in the near future because of the decline in the number of JWs frequenting the donut shops after field service.

Edited by - Scorpion on 7 March 2001 4:11:4

• TR
    TR

I also predict bakeries desparately trying to get more JW business to stay open by going door to door to JW's houses with free donut samples.

TR

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

On a more serious note, I think the WT will do as the Mormon church has been doing the past few years, and that is try to become more acceptable in the eyes of the mainstream churches and the public.

One way of doing this is by changing the tactics in which they lie about their doctrines so as to not be as noticable. Gordon B. Hinkley, the recent Mormon prophet, when interveiwed by TIME magazine August 4,1997 was asked the question on page 56 whether his church still holds that God the Father was once a man, Hinkley said "I don't know that we teach it. I understand the philosophical background behind it, but I don't know a lot about it, and I don't think others know a lot about it."

Either this is a down right lie by Hinkley the self appointed prophet or he is an ignorant prophet that knows less than the missionaries knocking on doors.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

TR,

You gave me an idea on how to get free samples of donuts if indeed the Bakeries do as you predict.

I will place a couple WT and AFAKE magazines in the front window of my home and dress in a suit and tie when the Baker comes a knockin at my door.

• RR
    RR

I predict [if I may use that word] that the Society will go via the Worldwide Church of God. and evolve [or devolve] into a mainstream religion once the last of the Governing Body members are dead, this will eventually cause a major schism, many will leave, there will be independent Jehovah's Witness conmgregations. The new corporations will split from one another vying for the love and support of the various JW factions to stay alive. Thus the end of the Society as we know it!

• Focus
    Focus

New Light

"The Internet is of and from Satan"

(Overriding the more wishy-washy warnings given before)

--
    Focus
    (John 8:32 Class)

• TR
    TR

Focus,

If the internet is from Satan, will the WTS pull their website? Or, will their domain be "the bright light" in Satan's realm?

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit