Skeptics annotated bible

by gravedancer 2 Replies latest jw friends

• gravedancer
  • Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

"Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery." 5:29, 18:8

i wonder if anyone actually did that, sheesh. then why did god make women beautiful, and make our fingers so sensitive and nimble. i hate the bible. it's the biggest crock of crap in the world...

p.s. thanks for the link, though. very comprehensive.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

So what do you really think about the Bible Incense? Heh, even though I think the Bible is a load of crap as well I do think there are some good things to take from it. Of course most of the good stuff gets clouded over by Dogma. One thing that really irritates me in this country is the acceptance of the Bible as fact. I was watching MSNBC the other day and they were talking about some stuff in the Bible as if it was fact (like an auto manual or something). I notice this also with programs on discovery were they refer to Egyptian mythology but have programs on the Bible and never refer to it as Christian mythology.

gsx1138

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit