I'm So Disgusted................

by Mary 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    SPIRITUALLY WEAK

One thing that woman was not, was spiritually weak. Speaking up in defense of those who cannot protect themselves, while knowing you will suffer consequences for doing so, is the epitome of spiritual strength!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

After the oral sex debacle, I thought they would mind their own business. Death from AIDS is preferable to using condoms, the only true safe method of protection today. I wonder if these people are such idiots on an individual basis. Maybe the herd mentality makes them gather momentum. I've been out a long time. Really long. They never said much about sex in the past other than celibacy and complete domination of men. I'm inferring that an IUD or oral contraception is approved. Now we are having children like livestock - breeding machines. Will the elders pay child support? Will lthey walk a sick child or stand by the toilet when they have the flu? Will they help with homework?

Where is birth control in the Bible? I am positive the Israelites used some form of birth control. Other ancient societes did.

Where does the two witness rule come from? They are not a judicial power given legitmacy by the state. Religious organizations are allowed to wield discretionary powers separate from the state. I can understand a high burden of proof in a court of law. The Watchtower has no law courts. My family was active but always on the outside of the inner sanctum for generations. People may casually attend KH. Not everyone gossips all the time so they know the word of mouth. Who will have the courage to say anything?

The story of the sister is interesting. As a former JW, I don't get too upset b/c I want her to wake up and reach freedom. Can you imagine someone who has a sincere belief, acts on her conscience, only doing what she is taught is in the Bible, and yet being an outcast? It must be like hell, total alienation from God and humans.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Wow, this thread is really vintage!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit