Hangover cure

by Elders_Kid 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JanH
    JanH

My dear Imbue had to say:

The best cure for hangovers is to avoid ETOH in the first place!

Like the best cure for disease is death.

- Jan

• Imbue
    Imbue

Darlin' Jan,

So your saying that sobriety is the same as death? Do you think I'm dead??

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

True Jan.

Viva Guinness!!!

• JanH
    JanH

Imbue,

So your saying that sobriety is the same as death? Do you think I'm dead??

No sweetie, I know you're very much alive. Sobriety is to hangover what death is to disease. A hangover is a side effect of drinking, and disease is a side effect of life. We try to avoid disease and hangover, but not so desperately that we stop drinking or commit suicide, respectively.

Most of us anyway

Ash: cheers!

- Jan

Edited by - JanH on 25 June 2002 23:15:15

• Imbue
    Imbue

Sweetie Jan,

I disagree sobriety is the only true cure for a hangover. That is the topic after all. I wouldn't compare all alcohol consumption to the disease of alcoholism. If that is what you are arguing. lol

Just as the only true cure for the dry heaves that heroin addicts experience is absence!

Edited by - imbue on 25 June 2002 23:28:29

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

I've got a friend who swears by vanilla milkshakes, french fries and generous helpings of Goodie powders on the day after. She claims you need the milk and grease to soak up the alcohol.

Brian

• Celia
    Celia

I think the best cure for a hangover is not to have a hangover

FredHall, I agree entirely with you.... Nothing wrong with having a drink, or a glass of wine once in a while, but why would anyone drink so much that they are sick the next day ?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Finally, if you repeatedly go out for "just a few beers" and end up totally wasted because you can't stop, you should probably not drink at all.

Uh oh....

Thank god for this thread. I'm hungover right now and need all the help I can get. It's not so much the alcohol as the lack of sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit