Favorite JW Celebs!

by professor 51 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Well now I am p.o'd......that outfit that Naomi Campbell has on.......well I wore that exact one at a assembly once! Geez.....can't a "sister" have something of her own?

• Matty
    Matty

I heard Trevor MacDonald only studied. I have never heard he was baptized let alone an Elder. His "Tonight with Trevor MacDonald" show is the UK equivalent of Dateline or 60 Minutes.

• LDH
    LDH

For Reborn.

Lisa

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I am gonna have to say LaToilet because she so CRAZEE!

• Swan
    Swan

Welsh actor Luke Evans was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness. He is starring in the West End musical Taboo with Boy George.

http://www.advocate.com/html/stories/871/871_finalcut.asp

• myself
    myself

Lou Whitaker - professional basketball player (Detroit Tigers)
    Did they change teams?

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Van The Man (Morrison) had some JW in him, during childhood or so I think? But never baptized...

And of course Bob Dylan must be a JW because he wrote "All Along the Watchtower", and "Man in the Long Black Coat", which is about Charles Taze Russell, and "If not for You" which has these lyrics:

If not for you,
    Babe, I'd read Awake all night,
    Wait for the mornin' light
    To shine in through,
    But it would not be new,
    If not for you.

Pope

PS Maybe Bob is not REALLY a JW, I could be wrong on that one.......

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Bob Dylan also wrote about the Pope of Eruke...don't believe everything he says, I think he's on drugs or something

"Well, I got back and took
    The parkin' ticket off the mast
    I was ripping it to shreds
    When this coastguard boat went past
    They asked me my name
    And I said, "Captain Kidd"
    They believed me but
    They wanted to know
    What exactly that I did
    I said for the Pope of Eruke
    I was employed
    They let me go right away
    They were very paranoid

Not a real person, just a jokey made up name. Eruke is Greek for restrain, curb, hold back. The Pope of Restraint. The song,
    Bob Dylan's 115th Dream, aka Bob Dylan's Later Dream, is not about restraint!"

Beck

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 13 September 2002 1:37:27

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Beck, thats such a GREAT song, do you have it? It has that great false start where everyone starts laughing......the laughing was going to be edited out but His Bobness said No, Leave it in...

Its on the album Bringin' It All Back Home..............

Pope

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    thats such a GREAT song

Now how did I know you liked it?? Yes I have the song/ablum, haven't heard it in a while. I like all of his music.

I usually poach phrases out of a song for usernames also, my yahoo username is Carelesshair, borrowed from Jewel's song Foolish Games.

And you thought you were unique LOL, well, actually you are, your username is the coolest on the board IMO.

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit