I'm busted!!!!!

by terafera 24 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Personally, I don't exactly buy your brother-in-laws excuse for finding this place. With all the warnings and cautionings against the internet, why was he researching JWs on the computer? They are taught to avoid researching anything but from the Watchtowers own literature and CDs. Is it possible that they are having their own nagging doubts and were just socked to see you here?

I would gently press forward and keep them discussing what they have read. You just might have found out that others in your family are finally questioning things.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Tera,

I agree with the others that your brother-in-law (and maybe your brother with his neighbor telling him about the WT and the UN) isn't telling all. I can remember wanting to search JW websites for a loooonnnggg time before I actually got up the courage to "click" on one. It took me almost 5 years, I think... So it is VERY possible that he, and others in your family, are beginning to wonder whether "the Truth" is actually true.

outnfree

• blindfool
    blindfool

I also doubt the "doing research" excuse for your brother being here. Maybe he was doing research, but not for a talk he's going to give at the KH.

The real point is, how many witnesses have their own doubts, but are tied to the society because of family or friends? What percentage of JW's would like to be out, but feel trapped?

• Dismembered
  • Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Tera: Sorry this happened to you. I find it incredible how JWs can talk to an ex-JW the way your brother did, and then your brother turns around and relays the UN issue to you he learns from the ex-JWs ... and not see that he is doing exactly what you are accused of doing by your family. Or that your brother-in-law can go on the Internet to search out JW material - in light of the Watchtower prohibition on the Nov. 1999 KM, and say he 'accidently' stumbled onto JW.com and read a little bit, and think that he too is not guilty as your brother. I find it incredible that if he read a little bit, that he also happened to discover your threads and suspect you. The odds are amazing.

Yet, it has often been the case when a JW is accused and DF'd for apostasy, that those who testify against them are themselves just as guilty of harboring doubts, associating with ex-JWs, and murmurring against the organization ... eyt somehow, the Elders are too stupid to see this connection.

PS: Here's an idea that might work. Be the first to contact the Elders and report your family members. let the Elders know that yu have been week and seeing your fmily on apostates sites made you even more discouraged. But you are tyring to get back into the organization ... and ask the Elders to talk with your family about how they hurt you by visiting apostate sites and talking about apostate matters.

Let your family explain themselves to the Elders ... maybe they will get DF'd and see how it feels, and maybe they will see the Watchtower wolves underneath the sheep's clothing. They will see how fast and furious the system can turn on them. Could it backfire? Yes, definitely ... but you can't be in anymore trouble with the Elders than you are in now.

Edited by - Amazing on 17 June 2002 10:19:40

• jack2
    jack2

Hi tera ,

I'm sorry to hear about this, but as outnfree and dakota indicate, this could actually turn out to be something that your brother in law may be curious about; maybe indeed he decided to see what others had to say about the jw religion.

I am going to read more of the suggestions from other posters as they reply to your thread, I'll give this some serious thought, and then reply again either on this thread or via e-mail. Please be assured of my concern and support! All my best, jack

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Stand your ground Terafera...you have done nothing wrong ;)

Lizard

• terafera
    terafera

Thanks all for your kind replies

My sis sent me an email this morning. It said basically how hurt she is because I've 'got so much going for me' and she had hoped I would be going back to the 'Truth someday'. It had talk about the 'time of the end' and not letting ourselves question things and letting apostate material seep in. She also stated she didnt think it would be wise for my nephews and niece to visit me, since I would not bring them to meetings and might influence them in an 'unsafe direction'.

That's actually funny....her kids are not very well behaved and are very disrespectful. They hate going to meetings (they sleep through them) and fight alot. The only direction I could take them is up! LOL

Amazing, your post made me chuckle out loud. I'd love to do that..but am hesitant to put my family through that. Although, as many have mentioned, I too, find it difficult to believe her hubby 'stumbled' across this site.

I'm not going to change my pic or username because I think I'm doing nothing wrong.. I've lived a lie for 25 years of my life and am not about to resume that. Not that I support everyone being 'out' about who they are .... I can respect what some have to lose if they are found to be visiting an 'apostate' site.

Thanks for all your support! It just goes to show how strangers around the world can be more family than your own blood relatives...

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

{{{{{tera}}}}}}

• jack2
    jack2

Way to be tera! Funny remark about her kids, lol! And yes, you have nothing to hide, so I'm glad you're keeping your username.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit