Notes Taken at the Judical Committee Meeting

by zenpunk 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sabine
    Sabine

GRRRR!!! One of my biggest regrets is giving the local yocals a faxed copy of my daughter's suicide letters. She wrote three letters, one to us and one to the young man she was involved with. The third letter was VERY incriminating, it was to her "best friend", detaililng a lot of sneaking around, lying, drinking, etc. I asked for the letters back after a week, I saw the handwritting on the wall. The PO said he would return them. He came by, with the Kingdom ministries, and NO letters...oh he forgot. I never did get them back....

• nancee park
    nancee park

As Joesh said above the records are usually not destroyed locally or at Bethel world headquarters even though there is a written statement that they be destroyed after years have passed. As Joesh also said if Bethel actually destroyed the hearing papers for Franz would be an exception. It's more likely they kept them. Franz himself wrote he was shocked to find Judicial Committee records being kept in the basement even on people long dead. Some local elders like Amazing have done what is right and destroyed locally kept records, but most don't care and let them stay. Sometimes such records contain incorrect information, occasionally include fabrications. This is also scandalous and will come back to haunt the Watchtower Society for remember they include details on pedophilia and the like that were never reported to the police.

• JT
    JT

In 1994 i found a letter from bethel in the file indicating that records could be destroyed, we had records of cases of fornincaiton that went back to 1966, so i sat down with the PO and we started destoying old records, personally i was going to destoy them all up to the 5 yr rule, but in the society's letter it gave the body of elders the OPTION to decide if they wanted to key some if they felt that something else or that they would play a role in later events

SO MUCH FOR YOUR SINS WASHED CLEANED SMILE

• metatron
    metatron

it amazes me that somebody doesn't steal the whole congregations

records - usually they are kept at the hall in a easy to pry open filing

cabinet.

You could use the blue envelopes to df anyone you dislike and inform

the Society.

metatron

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol...Metatron,

I knew an elder a number of years ago who stole all the congregations judicial letters when he became 'apostate'. He wrote to the Branch and told them he would turn all the letters over to the newspapers if he ever heard that he had been DF'd or DA'd in absentia. It worked, they stay well away from him.

There was of course that incident a few years ago when I beleive it was the Danish Branch that was broken in to, and all the confidential files stolen. The Danish Parliament even discussed the matter.

HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 16 June 2002 20:12:7

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

What about the case of someone who disassociates themselves?

Are there any "notes" kept on file regarding that? And if so, how long are they kept until they are destroyed?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi Reborn,

A DA'd person is treated and viewed exactly the same as a DF'd person. The DA process was a clever invention of WTS Legal to exempt themselves from many difficult court issues that they had endured prior to the arrangement. The DA'd persons letters are kept in the congregation files perpetually.

Another cunning stunt.

Best - HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 16 June 2002 21:1:12

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Thank you for the swift and thorough response hillary_step.

I am not the least bit surprised by this.

I was simply curious because someone who was disfellowshipped has essentially been "kicked out" for violating WT doctrine. This is done to allegedly "cleanse" the congregation.

One who disassociates themselves has rejected the JW religion, and formally declares publicly that they want no affiliation with the WTBTS or to be known as a JW.

I thought perhaps with this slight difference in circumstance, that perhaps some of the "notes" may be destroyed, especially considering most who DA themselves do not go back.

But as I said, I am not surprised. The WTBTS is very cunning and deceptive indeed.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

theft has been on my mind lately

• Amazing
    Amazing

Prior to about 1991+/-, Elders were instructed to keep notes for a maximum of 5 years, or the Statute of limitations in their respective states, whichever is shorter. The is based on direct instructions via a BOE letter. After 1991+/- the Elders were instructed to make few notes, and when a JC decision had been made, to discard any such notes, and keep only the record of the action taken.

It seems odd to me that the Elders would meet with you in a Judicial Committee setting for minor offenses, but I have seen many strange things as an Elder and participated in some as well ... soooo ... that said, I recommend that you forget the notes, as you cannot get them ever, unless you are suing, or involved in a criminal case where such notes could be subpeoned. The problem is, if the Elders followed instructions from the Society, then the notes may not exist.

My advice to any JW is to NEVER agree to meet with the Elders under any circumstances, at any time, or any place. NEVER give them opportunity to make notes ... because, unfortunately, some Elders to keep their own private notes, and some Congregation Secretaries keep files longer than the Society instructions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit