Cleaning for Assemblies

by terafera 13 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

Mustang..too funny!

I was a bad jw girl..I was always scoping for boys to flirt with instead of cleaning, LOL. I can actually say I never helped clean at the assemblies. Now I'm starting to feel guilty..you guys did all the work!

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Well, considering the fact that possibly hundreds of thousands (even a million?) of JW's are janitors, window-washers, and cleaners, it would be a disgrace if they DIDN'T leave the place super-clean! Of course, I too shied away from the cleaning section; I was too busy peeling out of the parking lot to get to the hotel...

• larc
    larc

Well, this a bit off topic, but I wan't to tell it anyway. About ten years ago, when I worked in Flint, Michigan, I went to the Silverdome to view the convention. When I came in, the speaker was talking about the gore of Armeggedon, blood up to the depth of the under belly of a horse and all that. The speaker had great enthusiasm over this message. Both the gore described and his enthusiasm impressed me to the point that I still remember it. Now, after his special message, I left and went back to Flint. I could not handle more than one hour of the convention. I still can't, and I have tried on several other occasions.

• jack2
    jack2

I had the "privilage" of being cleaning captain for my congregation at several conventions in an outdoor stadium.

After a long, long day, we were too tired to do a very thorough job. Superficial cleaning was all we really did or were capable of by that time of the day. And yes, if people would simply have picked up after themselves and brought along some wipes or towels for their own spills, we could all have gone home a little sooner.

I had always kid of felt that, by doing the cleaning, we were kind of 'kissing up' to the stadium and city in order to get cheaper rates, and of course, there was always that bragging going on, 'oh, look how clean we are'. Also, cleaning captian is a "privilage" that NO ONE wanted.... we never had one elder volunteer, it was always the poor MS's or some other brother who couldn't say no to the elders. And when I was captian, I was always stiffed by most of the people in my Hall who had me put their name on my list for helpers, they just plain stiffed me by not showing up. One year, it was my wife, myself, child, one sister and her bible study that did the entire assignment. Ahhhhh...the memories!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit