JWD is officially an Apostate site!

by Elders_Kid 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

So just for grins I thought that I would try to take a peek at JWZone and PLN (Pure Language Network, it took the place of greatcrowd.net), two dub forums. I thought I would a friendly ambassador from JWD. Well since I went directly from this site to JWZone and applied, I recieved this nice little e-mail from their admin:

To: Me
    Subject: JWZOne Registration
    Due to the fact that you came to our site from an apostate site, we must
    deny your application--Dan Glick, JWZ0ne Admin

Not that I am all that offended, but isn't it kinda odd that they would deny you entry because you came from an "apostate" site? And isn't it slanderous to label somebody an apostate when you really have no proof? If memory serves, I think that slander is a d/f offence. Hmmmm, must be nice to have double standards.

It also is apparent that these two sites are run by the same person. A few days later, I recieved this e-mail:

To: Me
    Subject: JWZOne Registration
    You have applied for registration at JWZ0ne and PLN with two different names.
    Since honesty in applications is crucial to online forums, your registration has
    been deleted at both sites. Regards, Dan Glick, JWZ0ne Admin, PLN Webmaster

Well, well, well, nice detective work Dick Tracey.

And to think that all I wanted was some encouraging conversation with some bible-thumping-door-knocking-child-molesting-zealots, and got denied.

EK

edited in an attempt to fix some formatting issues. -ek

Edited by - elders_kid on 14 June 2002 2:0:5

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Hey, i registered on the JWZone, and so far, I haven't been kicked out...but then again, I have a different login name there....maybe i should start posting flames on there to get them riled up?

hey, Dan Glick: Terminate/DF this, buddy!

the dustrabbit

• Simon
    Simon

what a suspicious bunch ... fancy checking the referer field no the browser and using that to decide someone's spirituality !

what if a loyal JW was browing, found this site first, took offence and went somewhere else and then got insulted like that.

very christian ... not!

and, er ... we're apostate?

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Yeah, simon...we're apostates...welcome to the madness..
    i'm feeling like a hell-fire moment, better go over to the JWZone and stir up some trouble....oops, i got to go to dinner with my students and get my butt piss-drunk tonight..so, afterwards I'll take a "sheperding call" on the Zone.

Edited by - dustrabbit on 14 June 2002 3:24:47

• Mackin
    Mackin

I'd rather be an apostate than a self righteous, holier-than-though 'dub any day.

APOSTATES ROCK!!!

Edited for spelling.

Edited by - Mackin on 14 June 2002 3:28:26

• Prisca
    Prisca

This is an apostate site????

Why didn't anyone tell me? I can't be here, I'm a baptised sister in good standing....!!!

*walks off in a huff......*

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Apostates are here? You mean I'm gonna lose my faith in the Bible and God if I keep hanging around you big meanies?

Hmm, I shoulda listened to momma when I had the chance

• 2SYN
    2SYN

OMG, I can't believe people would call this place Apostate! That's so slanderous! We'd never do anything to defame or speak against the Watchtower, now would we?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I don't personally know any apostates who are child molesters.

Can't say that about Jehovah's Witnesses...

• blondie
    blondie

I'm betting you know more JWs in person than apostates in person. Statistically, your statement is not sound nor fair. Pedophiles are found in all walks of life in just about equal numbers. That is why it is so hard to categorize and identify potential pedophiles. Your loved ones statistically are more at risk at being molested by a non-JW than a JW so don't be complacent when it comes to protecting your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit