JW's in hell?

by Preston 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Preston
    Preston

What do you think, if there is a hell, do you think JW's are going. I know (because of my lifestyle) if there is a hell I have a good chance of going, although the idea of spending an eternity with God's supposed people doesn't sound too thrilling, in which case I better practice a life of celibacy. I don't know what brought this post up, my friend just played me a clip from a South Park episode where all the devout chrisitians go to hell, including Jehovah's Witnesses, and all the good Mormons get spared (kinda funny in a strange sort of way). So, tell me, will the way of long boring district conventions, countless hours in the ministry, and the emphasis on meeting attendance come down to this. BTW, I would especially love to hear the opinions of devout Christians.....

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Oh boy Preston, they really got to you, didn't they? I don't see any sulphurous pits anywhere, do you? Except maybe for the surface of Venus? But then again, the surface of Venus is hot enough to make lead melt, so your torment would be pretty short.

• COMF
    COMF

What do you think, if there is a Santa Claus, does he bring JWs presents?

• Bleep
    Bleep

Math 5:5 "The meek will enherit the earth forever."
    psalms 37 "The wicked will be done away with."

Southpark can not change the Bible. They do not respect Gods word.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Well...simply stated...if there is a hell...and the JW's dont recognize Christ for who he really is....then Christ will say "I never knew you" to those who didnt claim him...

Does make you wonder

Lizard

Edited by - LizardSnot on 13 June 2002 19:44:38

• COMF
    COMF
    Does make you wonder

But if there's a Santa Claus, and they don't believe in him, does that make them bad? Don't they deserve gifts anyway based on whether they've been bad or good?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Bleep says: "Matt. 5:5 The meek will inherit the earth forever."

I don't see the word "forever" in Matt. 5:5. At any rate, if this means what Jws say it means, there have been no meek upon the earth up until this time. Strange that Jesus would be speaking two thousand years ago just for the benefit of modern day Jws.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Really, if The One True God Of The Universe were so arbitrary as to eternally torture someone for what they did during a human lifetime, then who could possibly say who's going to burn & who's not? I think the concept of a god who tortures people in hell pretty much renders all of life meaningless.

SpiderMonkey

• willy_think
    willy_think

MY brother: "do you believe in hell?"
    Me: "what is hell?"
    bro: "you now like dainties inferno."
    Me: "wasn't that written as fiction?"
    Bro.: "yes"
    Me: "Why would I believe fiction was truth?"
    bro: "some do"
    Me: "i know, what do you say hell is?"
    Bro: "hell is the pit, hell is being totally destroyed."
    Me: "isn't that what you tolled me happens to everyone who dies?"
    bro: "yes that's what happens"
    Me: "No, I don't believe in hell. Why does every witness go to hell?"
    Bro: "well, we will be resurrected in the new system."
    me: " that's cool, you'll all be resurrected from hell, but why go in the first place?"

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What do you think, if there is a hell, do you think JW's are going.

They ALREADY live in a hell! Just how cruel do you think God is?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit