Wine that maketh glad the heart of man.

by TheHighPriest 15 Replies latest jw friends

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

Larc,

The whole of the middle east is stooped in drug culture and you have not seen it? Maybe you don't wan't to see it I don't know.
    When you say I don't care if I see any evidence or not to me, and then say to Frenchy that you have never seen any evidence of a drug culture, which side of your mouth is talking when? Makes me think you are having a go at me on a personal level, I hope not as I would rather withdraw then having a domestic fight here.lol

THP who will argue the argument but not the person

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hey fellas...lets not take take away or jepordize one of the only releases Jw's can still get away with...getting a good buzz on.

I think the society has turned their head, as respects alcohol abuse among the r&f, and especially the elders.

Thank god for little blessings

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

Danny bear,

You are right I should have known better.

THP

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest
    THP: It's not always a good idea to attack that which has persevered for milleniums without some respectful hesitation.

Point well taken. It was not my intent.

THP

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Well, I guess the GB is selective in the things they choose to includes on the forbidden list.

They are all up there in years, and obviously puritanical in their sexual mores....therefore, most sexual practices are WRONG!

They don't smoke....so cigarettes are an evil addiction, and all smokers should be thrown out into the street.

However, they REALLY enjoy their food and booze....so gluttony and excessive drinking are perfectly okay.

Come on, people! Have you forgotten that these men are led by the holy spirit...er inspired by the holy spirit....um have heard of the holy spirit? Everything they do or say comes straight from the top, although I guess that means that they got the message from Bacchus.

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

Hi Ozziepost,

Greetings from the other Island, you said: "Verses 4 and 5 seems to show a God who understands the poor. We in affluent lands may find it hard to understand the some of the poor in the world's urban slums spending their limited funds on alcohol. Here in Proverbs 31:7 God is showing us the reality for many people in these circumstances, namely "let them drink and forget their poverty."

It is not much good to a poor unfortunate soul that God understands him what would be good is if God helps them instead. I think christians should take more after the salvo's as they seem to be the ones that actually do more than just understand, they help.

THP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit