California Supreme Court Case - S226656

by Gayle 164 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

The civil jury marked the first question on the special verdict form YES.

Did Johnathan Kedrick sexually batter Candace Conti ? YES.

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

So true,

It's funny how Fisherman comes out as a proponent of the U.S. Judicial system, only when it suits him.

I might also add that the statute of limitations often runs out for these victims by the time they reach adulthood, so the civil courts become the only option. Tim310rd outlined this option quite thoroughlly in his post above.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    However, Plaintiffs agreed to deprive alleged child molester related to this case from being subjected to legal proceedings and having to show up in Court and be cross examined. Would you agree to that or would you demand that the person that you believed harm you or harmed your child be required to appear in Court?

The context of initiating civil legal action includes limitations of economics and time. Hence we have this picture:

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.

Stop a perp and you can save future victims from a perp. Stop a policy that gives perps room to victimize and you can save countless victims from countless perps.

I think the thing that burned Candace more than anything else was her belief that an organizational policy was giving perps unacceptable room to victimize. This is what she most wanted to stop. Kendrick just happened to be her perp, according to her. Insofar as being a perp, Kendricks is guilty. He admitted this.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

......according to her. Insofar as being a perp, Kendricks is guilty. He admitted this.

Did he admit to abusing Plaintiff?

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Doesn't matter. This is civil court, not criminal court. The plaintiff was able to show that the congregation knew of his past and still put him in situations that would allow him to take advantage of other children.

We have proof that he repeated his perversion as he was convicted later of molesting another child.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Doesn't matter.

It does matter. Are you saying that the Defendant is guilty of the accusation because you know that he is guilty?

Or is that what you like?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

In response to my comments that question is a red herring.

Candace was more concerned about stopping a policy that gives perps room to victimize in order to save countless victims from countless perps. As for Kendrick, she had already demonstrated he was just another POS to put behind her if she could, which she did until she realized Watchtower policy gave perps like him room to victimize. Hence her action against Watchtower.

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

...and this action against the Watchtower Corporation happens to fit the dictionary definition of 'Civil Law,' thus:

civil law

n.
    a. The body of law of a state or nation governing the behavior of individuals and corporations.
    b. The law determining private rights and liabilities, as opposed to criminal law and other public law.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

In response to my comments that question is a red herring.

Funny. Besides your thoughts and feelings and views,seems to me that you admit that he did not admit.

Am I correct?

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    It does matter. Are you saying that the Defendant is guilty of the accusation because you know that he is guilty?
    Or is that what you like?

Fisherman,

You took 2 words out of my reply and ignored the rest. I made no statement as to his guilt towards Candace in that reply. My reply was about the defendants that were named, the congregation and the organization. It's obvious that you don't want to concede your point even though you are in the minority and the court disagrees with your position. Your replies show that your more interested in trolling or confrontation than reaching an agreement.

This is my last reply to you on this topic.

Good day. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit