Five Questions To Ask The JW At Your Door

by silentlambs 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns:

You just will not admit, concede, or even address here on this board the simple fact that ELDERS ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO DEAL WITH ANY OF THESE ISSUES.

Elders are not qualified to decide if some one is a molester or not.

Edlers are not qualified to decide if an accuser is telling the truth or not.

And the bottom line is, THE ELDER ARRANGEMENT DOES NOT WORK. That's too much power and too little accountability.

Actually I agree with all of the above and have been very explicit in print to the Society stating the exact same thing.

What I asked is what are elders to do when a convicted molester has SERVED HIS SENTENCE and is REPENTANT and wishes to be a JW again. Exactly how does the congregation deal with these people in a way that both protects it's innocent members and is in harmony with Christian doctrines? Any thoughts?

Path

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

"What are elders to do if..."

You just contradicted yourself, you idiot!!!!

Elders aren't qualified to do anything, so they should just keep their mouths shut.

I don't care and I have never cared, whether elders say anything to anybody. The fact of the matter is, we have reporting laws, we have Megan's law, we have all kinds of things. If the elders would just STAY THE F**OUT OF THINGS, JEHOVHAH'S WITNESSES are perfectly capable of solving hteir OWN PROBLEMS.

Somebody WILL find out there is a molester in their midst, they WILL tell other people, and the situation will resolve itself..IF THE G0**AMN elders will just shut up and go the *** AWAY.

I don't recall EVER advocating that elders should do anything above and beyond the law. What I advocate, is 1) allowing the law to be followed among their adherents. TAKE that bastard to court, TELL people what you know, PUT your children first before an accused pedophile's reputation <gag> <choke>. JW's can do this EASIER if the elders SHUT THE F**K up and STAY OUT OF THE WAY.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Both PTT and dung raise some interesting points. Dung of course has some major background experience of abuse in the Borg.

So ..... well .... the JWs need a proper policy and leadership in the congregation to ensure a proper policy is followed.

Unfortunately, businesses and other not-for-profit groups run into this serious problem all the time. What is likely needed is a strong policy to deal with protecting kids. Obvisously the main attitude of protecting the "corporation's image of being pure" has to be changed in the WTS. This means not only does the present policy have to change but also the mind set as well.

I think this is the big hurdle that will need to be done by both the people in the Borg who run it at the head office and local levels. Of course hurdles like this take time in an "ends justifies the means corporation" and that is why Bill and dungbeetle will be at it for some time to come.

One final point - I don't know how you get past the "christian love" stuff Path. I guess what is more important to a group - the risk of inflicting major hurt on a number of children to one human who has a major problem that can't be controlled.

I think, PathofThorns, what would be interesting to Bill would be what other corporations such as maybe "Big Brothers" have done via policy and training after their scandal. You could look up this information and present it to Bill, Barb and Dung or even this board. They can review and comment on it and possibly start suggesting these policy changes to the WTS dircetly or through the media.

hawk

• thewiz
    thewiz

I am not denying the Jdubs have created a problem here. But SilentLamb you seem hell bent on releasing every ludicrous story you can.

But I guess SilentLamb is all for destroying the life of an individual, no matter who says what.

SilentLamb were you around in Salem arounf 1692? When magistrates based their judgments and evaluations on various kinds of intangible evidence.... [And] Spectral evidence...

Funny how an Elder is an idiot if he is a Jdub, but once he stops being one (an Elder or a Jdub), all of a sudden he's a genius. Does the Elder gene-pool somehow get smarter once you leave it?

SilentLamb, how would you like your life destroyed based on the word of one person or a group of unquestionable "untouchables" that side step the Issue and make you look guilty. Oh wait that is happening to you, isn't it? How do you like it? Where's your defense gonna be to 6 million+ once they put the scarlet letter on you of "Apostate?"

Just wondering about this. This was all because of the word of ONE person.

News Channel 10

Teacher To Get Two Years Back Pay

Reid Found Not Guilty Of Sex Assault

POSTED: 8:03 a.m. EDT June 14, 2002UPDATED: 8:04 a.m. EDT June 14, 2002

TIVERTON, R.I. -- A former Tiverton elementary gym school teacher found not guilty of sexually assaulting students will receive nearly two years in back pay.

Carl Reid can collect more than $120,000 that is due him.

Reid had been suspended from Pocasset Elementary School since October 2000 to face the child molestation charges.

A jury found the 38-year-old Reid not guilty late last month.

Reid had said during his trial that he was touched by one student who had crawled under his desk, but he had admonished the girl and nothing more happened.

Terrill says he'll make a recommendation on whether Reid should return to school at a school committee meeting next month.

Reid has not said whether he'll return.

Copyright 2002 by turnto10.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit