• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hi Wendy

Welcome back.

Path

• patio34
    patio34
    Ahhhhhh! I missed this. I really did.

That was Naeblis' post. My thought: this is the 1st disagreement in a l-o-n-g time. Ever since the disgruntled ones left, peace reigns here. I haven't noticed anyone else stating this obvious "conspicuousness by their absence." Now, the disagreements have popped up again. M-m-m-m.

a thread that was made for *wendy* to feel welcomed back here! wendy left this board because she was not comfortable with all the attacking going on.. now, she returns with no intentions of continuing old grudges, yet Carl here feels the need to try and set her off. fortunately he failed, and he is only pissing -me- off

I disagree. Wendy started this thread herself to have people welcome her back. Larc simply responded to her in a free discussion forum. The thread was not started by someone else to welcome her back. It was an announcement by Wendy.

As Simon said on the previous page, it would have been nice for an apology, or at least an acknowledgement, for some of the past grievances, instead of coming in as if nothing had been wrongly done to cause the departure.

I for one, like this board much better when the rancor is removed. It got so bad for a while that I seldom checked the board. Then a group of people left. Then all settled down. 1 + 1 = 2.

Wendy, I am not involved in any of the disputations of the recent past. I was making this post in the hopes that the friendly atmosphere can be maintained. I hope that all of us can have the proper decorum in keeping this a pleasant place to visit.

I hope you and your family are all doing well.

Pat

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Well said Patio.

Must be nice to waltz back into a group, after causing so much hurt, and get the rank and file to lock step 'welcome back'...we missed your trashing this home of our's, revealing private info, then stomping off to greener pastures, that were not as green as she thought.

Sure, larc is the bad guy here........HaaaHaaa..some people will roll over on almost any excuse.

I ain't buying into it.

BadBear

• Xena
    Xena

Come on ya'll....I think it too a lot of guts on Wendy's part to come back. And she didn't come back starting anything...so why not cut her some slack?

She was going thru a difficult time too back when all that stuff was going on....lol I remember my last few weeks of pregnancy...geez I almost snapped the pizza boy's head off for delivering my pizza minus the anchovies!

I understand where larc is coming from too, it isn't nice when people lie about you and bad mouth you! But Wendy isn't Julie or Tina..she is Wendy...and she would like to be a part of the forum again...why not give it a chance and see what happens......

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Xena,

Coming back is one thing.

Leaving issues like larc's, unaddressed, is proud and arrogant. We all saw what she did, what she said about this forum, and those who participate.

Then to see JanH another returnee, trash larc for calling Wendy out...well I have a word or two for it...but I will respect Simon's admonition.

Danny

• waiting
    waiting

Wellllllllll, I'm still grinnin' from our Fine Dallas Apostofeast.......so .......

Welcome back, Wendy .

This is Simon's Free Forum - and he's made some Really Good Points on this thread.

Btw, Patio was right - this isn't a Welcome Back, Wendy thread - this is a thread started by Wendy. But many are welcoming her back, like me.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 9 June 2002 21:37:14

• waiting
    waiting

(((((((((((((larc)))))))))))))))

You're an outstanding man, friend, and contributor here - and many of us know it. All of us will never agree - and some will take cheap shots. Sometimes the other person can walk away, and sometimes not.

The person who started, or continues, the cheap shots is remembered by others. But the person who can resist the temptation to respond in unrelenting anger wins.

A class act always wins in the long run. And you & Zazu are a class act. You just have a temper too - imagine that!

waiting

• Wendy
    Wendy

Well, I really appreciate the many people who have welcomed me back. I did not want to reply to any negative, cause who wants to get THIS kinda thread locked? lol we have 98% positive vibes and 2% negative vibes, and I want postive to ruleI do have to state a few things for those who are wondering.

I will stand by any comments I have made in the past. I will admit to perhaps stating them too fast, or too loud, or too wide. Perhaps I should keep some opinions to myself. As for Kent's I love that place, the mix of people are wonderful, and I call everyone there my friends. I am not leaving there to come back here. I am coming back here, because I miss all of the wonderful people here. Look how many responded here for me. Those are the ones I miss, the good hearted, loving people, I have come to know personally.

I have a few here who I do not care for, I am sure you all know who they are lol. I am not being prideful and arrogant by not responding, I am trying to be civil;) If I was to debate our differences here on the public forum, what good would it do? Who wins? Nobody cares as much as those involved in the bickering. Why should I waste my time explaining my thoughts again to someone who I do not get along with, and will probably never get along with?

In the real world if we are in a destructive relationship we can recognize it and walk away from it. I recognized it and walked away from here. As I said, I threw away the many who DO care about me, and I care about because I have no self control. haha I am now willing to attempt to stay here(Simon willing) and not get into any debates with those I don't get along with. I refuse to answer any questions, justify my behavior or respond to any attempts to instigate a fight.

I am here to converse and share my life with those who want meEveryone else be damned<wink>

wendy

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hillary,

: I feel sure that the most bitter enemies on this Board would quickly become friends if they could sit down together with a bottle of wine and exchange their life experiences, hopes and fears.

That's a fact. I've met and alternatively have had phone conversations with folks whom I've vigorously debated on public forums. Invariably, they ALL show me who they really are when I personally speak with or meet them.

Wise words, indeed Hillary. Not all is as it looks in a two-dimensional discussion board. I'd bet a cup of coffee that Yadirf and You Know and Fred Hall and I could get together and have a great ol' time. I sincerely mean that.

Farkel

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

geez I almost snapped the pizza boy's head off for delivering my pizza minus the anchovies!

I would have kissed the guys feet for leaving the stinky things off of the pizza I know, we all have our likes and dislikes. Mine are anchovies

Edited by - Lilacs on 9 June 2002 23:5:57

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit