July 8th Awake! LOL

by NikL 17 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

Has anyone else seen the July 8th Awake!?
    It's cover features a picture of a police man and a young boy and asks the question "Police, Why do we need them"?
    Does anyone else see the irony of this In light of the Dateline publicity? LOL

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

LOL! It should read : Police - Why WE need them

giggle,
    Mimilly

Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent, about things that matter.
    Martin Luther King

• blondie
    blondie

Look closer at the cover, it's a police WOMAN.

• jack2
    jack2

I read the article, which praised police for their service and hard work. But, I noticed another irony....a brother who would want to work as a police officer would not be used for privilages in the congregation due to the fact that he could incur bloodguilt because of carrying a weapon.

• dedalus
    dedalus

You're kidding, right? "Police, Why Do We Need Them?" This is a fucking joke, right?

What a bunch of unimaginative dullards.

Dedalus

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

You would think they would have written: "Police -- Why we [the GB] are afraid of them".
    the dustrabbit

To do list:
    1.Still waiting to goose the Organization.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

How about, "POLICE - Why Did They Arrest Us?"

- Nathan Natas
    UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• LDH
    LDH

Of course, these yellow journalists are merely drifting off the hype created by Sept. 11th and our newfound love of All Men Uniformed.

I wonder why they didn't publish such an article shortly after Rodney King got a Super-Size Beat Down, courtesy of the LAPD, LOL.

Lisa

• somebody
    somebody

NikL,

I DO see the irony of it.

This subject reminded me of what I read once and I found it just plain stupid. There is no other word i can describe it as. I looked it up and found it. The WBTS INCORPORATED ( led invisibly by Jesus Christ himself, of course) is really saying that people of "God's organization" can request and receive protection by the people of "satan's Organization, and that it's an arrangement permitted by God! And not to even defend a loved one or family member by using a firearm if it were ever nessesary, but to let a wordly person defend your family and loved ones instead. To make it even more crazy, the paragraphs came one right after the other. I've put the questions first, then the paragraphs:

11. (a) What makes it plain that Christians should not arm themselves with lethal weapons? (b) According to the Scriptures, where should our trust be?

11 The Scriptures, backed up by the modern-day experience of Jehovah’s Witnesses, make it plain that it is inadvisable for individual Christians to carry, or have in their possession at home or in other locations, a firearm or other lethal weapon for use against human attackers or intruders. (Isaiah 2:4; 1 Peter 3:11) One who prepares for violence invites violence. Rather, the Christian’s main trust should be in Jehovah, his God.—Psalm 18:48; 140:1, 4; Proverbs 3:5-7.

12. (a) Why, Scripturally, may Christians request police protection? (b) Would a Christian ever use firearms in an emergency, or take the law into his own hands?

12 In line with Romans 13:1, 4, the worldly “superior authorities” may set up certain peace-keeping agencies, such as police, that are armed officially to protect citizens and property. Since such arrangements permitted by God are described as “God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad,” it would be in order for the Christian to request and receive protection from such an agency. But even if he finds it necessary to defend himself or his loved ones by whatever is at hand, he should not use firearms. Nor would he take the law into his own hands. In many countries it is illegal even to possess firearms for self-defense.—Matthew 22:21; compare Exodus 22:2.

This is as bad as the WBTS instructing their "publishers" that it's Scriptually ok for them to take a blood fraction transfusion if needed to sustain their lives, but it's not scriptually ok for their publishers to donate blood. So the blood fractions from "wordly" peoples blood is ok, but don't dare give their own blood to help sustain the lives of any wordly people. They lives are worthless and not of any value, being part of satan's organization and all, right? But their lives are good enough to use fractions from their blood that they donated to sustain their own. Ans this is all supposedly "scriptual".

I'm just disgusted, yet again, at what the WBTS INC feed their own followers. To think that people actually respond to this crap as if it's spiritual food from God, rips my nerves to shreds, along with my heart. It's all so sad.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Hmmm..

In the awake they used to talk good about the UN (I wonder if they still will now that they are no longer in bed with the UN), while we all know what they really think about the UN..

In the awake they are talking good about the police, all the while discouraging their own to use the police when it comes to congregational (read whatever the WTBTS decides) matters..

Anyone see a pattern here? I wonder if there are any more 'patterns'...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit