Df'd notifying elders of no return?

by detective 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• detective
    detective

Question: My friend who is df'd wishes to tell the elders that he won't be applying for re-instatement. My friend only recently decided he doesn't want back in and isn't really "out" emotionally yet. Do elders really pay attention to df'd ones disappearing? I got the impression he thought they'd see he was missing and come around looking for him. Is that common?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

yes it is common, they are alway ssniffing for 'apostates' (in the absence of real persecution they must start attacking their own)

and I really think he will find that the elders are a little too busy right now to fiddle with him.

However, may I recomend he say nothing, or if pressed say something like "I feel a little down righ tnow and can't deal with the shunning, I will try again in a few months" or some such thing.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• blondie
    blondie

Unless deemed apostate and dangerous, the elders are required to make an attempt once a year to contact and visit any disfellowshipped ones in their territory.

Whether they do or not, depends on that particular body of elders attitude toward the task and the individual.

The CO does check to see if they at least tried.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    Whether they do or not, depends on that particular body of elders attitude toward the task and the individual.

Yes, when in the borg i wuz told they try and contact da'd/df'd ones every 6 months to a year. (much like a "Do Not Call").

However, I must be on the baaaaad list, cuz i've been out for a year and nobody has called. (thank gawd).

Altho, my brother just left me a message outta the clear blue, so who knows...maybe it's a plot to figure out where I live. If they were gonna reach me, would they do it subversively through my bro in order to call at my home address? Or would they just phone me?

Oh well. I can't help but hope i am on some bad list,
    so they won't bother calling me at'all.

Anyway, as fer your question, I wouldn't tell 'em anything,
    unless they are harrassing. Now that I'm out, i really don't hafta 'report' anything whatsoever to those guys.
    My life is none o' their business.

Oh it's good 2b free.

SPAZ

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Have him say the following to the elders when they come by:

"I'm glad to see you. Have you come to repent for your acts of malice and slander against me? You know, that is what Jehovah wants. I would be more than happy to take you back as soon as you show a repentant attitude. Of course, before Jehovah will recognize your repentance, you will have to stop mixing in company with the evil people in the Watchtower Organization. That shouldn’t be hard for you, especially if your heart really wants to please Jehovah." (Then smile very kindly at them)

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Kep
    Kep

I have been out for 7 years and not once have the elders called to inquire if I want to return.
    They know where I am, but haven't called.
    Does that mean I am BAD ?? Or does it reflect the sentiment of the body here in my hometown ??
    In my time I felt the need to seek out these dear sheep to see if they wanted to return to the flock.
    Obviously, they don't want me back.
    Their loss hahahaha.
    Kep

• Quotes
    Quotes
    Unless deemed apostate and dangerous, the elders are required to make an attempt once a year to contact and visit any disfellowshipped ones in their territory.

ooooohhhhhhhhh...... That exmplains why I have (mercifully) never been "contacted"... I must be "dangerous"....

Hey, maybe I should team up with Naeblis, Beans, Big Dave, and other locals and form some sort of "evil crime" syndicate, the type you would see on Batman!

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• detective
    detective

Well, I wonder if he isn't putting a good spin on things in his own mind in an attempt to feel better. He feels he'll be disappointing others and that people will be concerned. I'm sure a handful of people will be concerned that he isn't planning on returning (though they are doing a good job of shunning him at the moment). He still thinks it's the troof, at least that what he said. Then again, he only told me of his plans last week and I'm probably among the first to know he's officially wanting out beyond the df thing.

It seems to me like he isn't ready to be honest about much of anything yet. I was wondering if he was planning on notifying his congregation to get them to acknowledge him in some way? Is it a last ditch cry for help (despite his saying he probably would put a bullet in his head if he stayed in)? I don't really understand his motives so I'm left to theorize. I just wonder about how much these elders will care that he doesn't want to be reinstated (they hardly know him as he switched congs after getting ousted).

He did start to speak up a bit about the things he missed out on as a kid (mostly sports). But other than that, he just says he doesn't want to go to meetings and the religion wasn't something he really made his own.

At some point I'd like to work into getting him involved with speaking to people who've been there or a counselor, but he really doesn't seem ready yet. I think he'd be eaten alive here or it'd just be too much for him to handle. I'm going to try to get him to open up and we'll see if I can't get him to start addressing things a little more directly. This elder thing threw me for a loop though.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

'he'd be eaten alive here'

you have heard of email, right?

I mean, there must be a couple of people he can talk to on the phone, or by email, or maybe a letter can be sent to him in care of you?

I don't mean to be sarcastic, it's jsut that every person is different and maybe an innovative approach would work in your/his case.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• detective
    detective

Oh, by the way. He doesn't know how to tell his family yet. I'm sure I'll be asking for more advice/insight as that event gets closer to happening. I'm still on the sly- he doesn't know I'm posting here though he knows I've communicated with witnesses/former witnesses via the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit