People Are Stupid

by Kismet 21 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

I think I have posted this before but it fits here!
    My ex-hubby is a redneck, that's right good old backwoods, not able to sign his name other than an X (lol, not that bad but...)
    Since I was a dreaded "Yankee" He would always argue the civil war with me, "We would have won but....yadda yadda" In the south this is the hot topic after about 2 beers Well one night I had had enough! So I said to him. "I didn't want to tell you this I knew you would be crushed, but, Well do you know why they seperated North and South Carolina? Because North Carolina sided with the North during the Civil War!"
    He was heartbroken and went in the backroom listened to Hank and polished off the rest of his 12 pack, in the dark!BTW I never heard about the Civil war again!
    wendy (who was very young at the time)
    Your right Kismet people are stupid! Hope you are feeling better

Edited by - MOMMY on 26 February 2001 16:49:9

• LDH
    LDH

Mommy you are *right*, lol. The Civil war is a hot topic after two beers, or sometimes one.

When I was a little girl and we would go down South to visit family, I could usually manage to keep myself out of trouble. But one day, whilst in Piggly Wiggly (And perhaps becase I was in a store called Piggly Wiggly) I took it upon myself to shout something to the effect of "The South Will Never Rise!" LOL I didn't know the seriousness of what I was saying. I got clobbered by my dad and dragged out of the PW post haste....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit