AlanF gave me a virus!

by terafera 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Thank you dear District Overbeer Just trying to "keep clean and virus free" so that I don't have to face another JC myself.

Since I am not completely versed in "computer-speak", I tend to have to rely on others that are. Someone once told me that just by opening an email that was infected, the virus could be spread...so I have to ask others that are "in the know" to clarify things for me.

Thanks for the link...this student will have to study up on it for sure.

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In the "good old days" it was impossible to get a virus by simply opening an email: you would have to open the email and execute the attachments. Microsoft Outlook solved that problem with it's "preview" feature. If you have preview turned on in Microsoft Outlook, you ARE opening attachments automatically. If you aren't using Microsoft Outlook, you would have to infect your system the "old fashioned way."

The Klez worm/virus sends itself to everyone in your addressbook, using the other addresses in your address book to "spoof" (professional term) the source of the email.

Nobody is playing tricks on anybody else - in this case the virus itself is doing all the "creativity". I have read that Kelz is programmed to erase all files in January and JULY. In 30 days there are going to be a boatload of unhappy campers out there, all of them Microsoft Outlook users.

I'm not going to be on that boat..

• SYN
    SYN

This sort of thing is the reason people use mail clients like PINE!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I ask you: is THIS the face of an EVIL GENIUS???

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

LMFAO Nathan!!!!!!

Did Julie or Alan post that?????

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I've had the W32/Klez.1 virus sent to me 27 times since April 22. In the last few days I haven't received it. You can right click on the attachment in WinXP and properties and see where it came from.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit