brown

by obiwan 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• obiwan
    obiwan

I e-mailed bill yesterday about his hearing and he said that after the
    elders found out that he would be coming with about 20 other witnesses
    the canceled the meeting and then tried to give him a 24 hour notice
    the next day for a hearing.He said that his lawyer fed exed them a
    postponement,he said he knows it's just delaying the whole thing but he's not going to let them have it there way.He says he feels like a murderer but there is no body,they have no basis for the charges they
    are making.

I e-mailed Bill because I'm considering reinstatement but with this
    revelation now....I just don't know,it's been since 1990 that I was
    DF'D I'm 33 now and I just miss my(friends and family)alot.

I'm sorry to ramble I just get caught up in the emotion.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Maybe I'm lucky but I got a whole load of new friends when I left the dubs by going to college and university. I was still young enough to do that and I'm about your age now. The only family member I really care about still speaks to me and does so with good conscience. I am amazed by all the familys that have literally broken up because of disfellowshippings but there seems to be some regional varience in how ridgidly witnesses stick to not speaking to disfellowshipped family.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Obiwan,

Do you want to go back just so you can have contact with your friends and family again, or because you think the WTS is God's true religion?

Just curious here.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I would have to say the friends and family are a stronger drive than any other issue.I have been so alone for years with no one to relate
    to,it's been very hard to make friends as well.It's been 12 years and just writing this brings back alot of emotion.

WOW It's a wide open world,use your
    own thoughts.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

obiwan,

In 12 years you have not made any friends outside? I would guess not; probably because you felt guilty and had plans of 'someday' going back.

I spent years in the same kind of self-imposed limbo. Not wanting to go back, but not being able to fully leave (complete with worldly friends) because I still thought it was The Truth. What helped me was research on the Internet. After the painful process of admitting that I'd given my life to a lie, it wasn't hard to start living life again.

Along the lines of Sister Prisca's comment (I feel like I'm at the Hall), I think you need to decide for yourself whether you believe that JWs have The Truth. Once you do that, then you can tackle the family situation--from inside or outside, depending on your conclusions.

Hmmm

• SYN
    SYN

Well, I can't really understand your situation because I've never been shunned by Dub relatives, but I sympathise. I'm sure you'll find a way out...

They've been digging in the Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and an older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I going to buy the book crisis of conscience,and have a look see I have heard alot about the book.

own thoughts.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Yes, read the book Crises of Conscience, Obiwan. Its a good idea.

Actually this is how the watchtower keeps so many of its members; people just don't want to lose their friends and family. I understand how you feel. Its a real emotional issue. I myself am not disfellowshipped or disassociated because I want to talk to my friends and family.

I sometimes wonder if they lift the shunning principal how many people would just get up and leave. A lot of people, I'm guessing.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Again, Obiwan. Bill's last name is BOWEN. Did you call him Brown on the telephone? LOL

• obiwan
    obiwan

I would second that,I can't remember do the scriptures specifically
    say to completely shun or is that a rationalized tool used?

own thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit