Kingdom Hall arson attack.

by nicolaou 20 Replies latest social current

• LB
    LB

Morons at best. I understand anger, but why go to this extreme. That won't help anyone to leave the borg. Might even reinforce the need to stay for some studies.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

stupid stupid stupid

I'm glad nobody was hurt

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

At least no one was hurt.
    That is so pathetic to do crap like that.
    You know all the little kids that saw that were frightened.[>:(]

[email protected]

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I know why they did it too. There's alot of angry people in Rugby right now and I don't blame them one bit.

You don't blame them for committing arson? What possible justification could there be for committing such a horrendous crime?

--
    Bad times, hard times - this is what people keep saying; but let us live well, and times shall be good. We are the times: Such as we are, such are the times. - St. Augustine, 354-430

• Simon
    Simon

I think we should be careful about condemning people's actions without knowing the details.

Remember: people have killed and walked away free because it was justified.

We need to keep a balance both ways.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I wonder if someone in the Branch Office has been reading "Mein Kampf" and thought the Reichstag burning was a good strategy?

The Nazis blamed their enemies for that and used the "terrorism" to consolidate their power and win the sympathy of the public.

Here's what happened back then:

January 30, 1933 - Adolph Hitler appointed Chancellor of Germany.

February 27, 1933 - The Reichstag (German Parliament building) is set on fire and burns down. Investigators find a dazed Dutch Communist named Marinus van der Lubbe at the scene and charge him with arson. He is tried, found guilty and executed for the crime.

February 28, 1933 - Hitler suspends civil liberties on the basis of a "national emergency." This move effectively eliminates:
    Freedom of the press
    Free expression of opinion
    Individual property rights
    Right of assembly and association
    Right to privacy of postal and electronic communications
    Protection against unlawful searches and seizures
    States' right of self-government

At the same time, the SA (Storm Troops) and SS (Special Security) are created by a "supplemental decree."

It is now generally believed that the Nazis themselves were responsible for the fire, and that they used the event to advance their own interests and consolidate their power while simultaneously supressing dissent.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Don't worry 'Nic. Apparently it will take 3 months to repair the damage (I got a phone call this morning). The arson attack took place last Wednesday night by someone shoving combustible material through a vent to the kitchen area and lighting them. Fortunately no one was there. Rugby may have to share with Coventry for a while no one knows yet....

• docpalo
    docpalo

Don't you people get it? You generate so much hatred at yourselves by you self righteous, elitist and egoistic attitudes that you would push some person to do this. I am not sympathizing with this type of behavior but I am thinking outside the box something you Witnesses rarely do. BTW, I was a JW for 40 years so I am a wee bit familiar with my topic of discussion. Since you look at the world myopicly and treat outsiders with disdain and treat former members with even more cruel disdain you can greatly frustrate a person. I know of what I speak. My ex wife is still a faithful slave to the Society and she is fully supporting my 19 year old sons plans to marry a 26 year old sister in her congregation. They have idealistic dreams of pioneering together, yada yada yada. My 19 year old has no marketable job skills other than the ability to drive a truck. The bride to be works at a half way house for battered woman as a case intake worker.I am totally against the marriage. I want the BOY to wait awhile. I have even called the one elder who will speak to me and he is unwilling to intervene since it a Witness marriage , yada yada yada. So you can see why my frustration level is high. I have stopped putting up with the moronic treatment by the idiots who make the mistake of putting on a show of shunning me in public. I now call them on it and embarrass them by asking them out loud why they are staring at me and what their problem is. Yes, you mind controlled people can frustrate and push someone to rash acts because of your behaviors. Or as one person posted, maybe the fire was a publicity stunt. I would not be surprised.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

doc, You're preaching to the (de-)converted!

--
    Bad times, hard times - this is what people keep saying; but let us live well, and times shall be good. We are the times: Such as we are, such are the times. - St. Augustine, 354-430

• bonovox
    bonovox

Irrespective of whether you are a Witness or not, and btw I am not, you surely believe in some sort of God, right?

Just try the 'they pushed me to do it' one on Him when you're trying to rationalize arson, and potential harm or death of human beings? It wont work.

One, not the same, but one all the same.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"

Bullet the Blue Sky, Rattle n Hum version

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit