An email from a Jw "friend" to me (accusing me of apostasy) a few months back.

by objectivetruth 15 Replies latest jw friends

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I was going through old email and I came across the below email from a former acquaintance of mine who is a JW. When we were both JW's, we were both pretty liberal in our beliefs. Its quite interesting how Cognitive Dissonance kicks in, for Many & not too much for others. Needless to say, my views were genuinely Liberal, his were more Fascist. :

"Let me start off by saying that was the first email that felt real and I appreciate that. It was refreshing! And I would agree that we don't have total freedom of speech as JW's and that can be really tough for someone in a situation like yours. But to be honest i'm glad we don't. We are not the faithful slave nor are all 8 million of us to dispense food at the proper time. Or if you have some issue with the understanding of that scripture any reasonable person would agree that leadership is needed in an organization. I am happy to have the guidance from the governing body. I have gotten to know many of them well and they are good men. Humble, loving and wise. They have earned the respect of many honest hearted individuals. And they were tough enough expel any of those who can do great damage to others faith. (that too can be really hard. Many lost good friends during the apostasy of the 70's)

I am fully convinced that the preaching work is the work that should be going on through Jah's true organization. We are the only group truly doing that. Wholehearted, unified. The trinity, hellfire, preaching, where the dead are, living on the earth, that Jah is not ok with fornication and adultery and then just saying sorry to go out and do it again next week. These are things were unified on that do matter and others are not. Were grasping for truth in the other areas sometimes needing brighter light as time goes on. Don't you think Jah will bless our governing body to find it as he see's fit in time over you, or me or some disgruntled witness trying to erode someone's faith because he cant just leave quietly and start his own organization. If someone believes we don't have the truth fine but we are not evil or brain washed or manipulated. We don't allow people to start sects within our organization or change things as they see fit. makes sense to me... Asking questions is fine and if you had come to the conclusions you came to without looking at all the junk you have been i would have patted you on the back. Just good deep research. What changes that is when you take ideas that are meant to be poison from someones mind thats not your own and spread those to others. That is what you have started doing and weather you realize it or not that is going down the road to apostasy. Maybe you rolled your eyes or feel thats exactly what i've been trained to say but tell me are you trying to help me by giving me ideas contrary to the organization from apostates. I am happy where I am at. If i meet someone in the ministry and ask them questions contrary to there beliefs and they say hey thank you but i'm truly happy with my organization thats the end of our conversation. Also what have you offered me? Why do you feel you have the truth? Did you even have more than just you doing the research. Jesus said where 2 or more gathered he would be there right... If someone wants to leave our organization we don't disfellowship them. Were not even suppose to disfellowship if someone is practicing gross wrongdoing as long as they don't associate or claim to be part of the organization (which is done just so that they are not corrosive or hurt gods spirit on the organization if they are like sleeping around or whatever) If you have issues that you cant reconcile no one is holding that against you. We love you as our friend and won't shun you just because your as we put it "spiritually week". Its the spirit of trying to share potentially corrosive material with any witness that is the issue. You are not the one we follow and have no organization with any rich spiritual history. At the end of the day that matters. If you do what Russell did and start something that makes Jah use you as his channel than I will listen and follow what you say. Until then keep your spiritual truths you learn from apostates to yourself and when you truly come up with a question that is from {you} lets have an interesting conversation that is upbuilding about it. Or better yet bring it to your elders or patterson if its potentially corrosive to someones faith. I hope you can get through this and be part of something great again. If not I won't say you'll die at armageddon. I don't have an issue preaching that to people because the people I trust tell me it current truth. My personal opinion maybe Jah hasn't shown us the full truth on that, maybe other good people will still get a change or be resurrected or whatever. Maybe he has a good reason for letting us believe present truth as Jesus must have had a good reason for letting the apostles think the end would come in there day. Either way I keep that idea to myself when I give talks at the hall and have no issue continuing to do so. I also have no problem telling it to my friends because its in good spirit and not trying to put doubt in there minds about the organization. Also it came from me and not some chat room. Hopefully you understand what I mean. Your a good person buddy and I know Jah cares for you. We all care for you too. You've become one of my oldest friends. Please think about this and humble yourself. your friend." - End Email "False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

• ivanatahan
    ivanatahan

People who are brainwashed generally don't know they're brainwashed. This person has no idea what's going on, and his grammar definitely helps his point.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I would agree that we don't have total freedom of speech as JW's and that can be really tough for someone in a situation like yours. But to be honest i'm glad we don't. We are not the faithful slave

He's comfortable living in a totalitarian religion where free speech is a bad thing. That's telling...

And they were tough enough expel any of those who can do great damage to others faith.

Ones like Ray Franz who wrote a large portion of the Aid book, and Ed Dunlap who wrote Commentary on the Letter of James. Yes, very dangerous men.

Were grasping for truth in the other areas sometimes needing brighter light as time goes on. Don't you think Jah will bless our governing body to find it as he see's fit in time

In other words, god knows WT is not teaching truth, but He sees no need to getting around to correcting it anytime soon.

We don't allow people to start sects within our organization or change things as they see fit.

Except the governing body. They can change things whenever they want to and no one can say a thing about it.

I don't have an issue preaching that to people because the people I trust tell me it current truth.

.... My personal opinion maybe Jah hasn't shown us the full truth

Maybe he has a good reason for letting us believe present truth as Jesus must have had a good reason for letting the apostles think the end would come in there day.

Again, he's completely comfortable teaching half-truths, or no-truths, to other people. So why is this acceptable for JWs but completely unacceptable when, by WT's accusation, other religions do it?

"My personal opinion maybe Jah hasn't shown us the full truth".

That statement right ther speaks volumes. Your friend just revealed he doesn't care if he actually has the truth and he believes god and Jesus are deceiving him.

I wonder if he's ever considered the absurdity of this statement:

"Jesus must have had a good reason for letting the apostles think the end would come in there [their] day."

Maybe Jesus has a good reason for lettting JWs think Armageddon is coming "soon", when it really isn't coming at all. So, if Jesus was willing to pull a fast one on his apostles, maybe he's willing to do the same to JWs.

Your friend proves the old saying: "There's a sucker born every minute".

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"You are not the one we follow and have no organization with any rich spiritual history"

You would be doing him a great service as a friend by agreeing that the Org has a history - one that he should do an honest study of before he ridicules himself again, by trying to tell others that it has a "rich spiritual history."

• pcop
    pcop

Why would you let someone place their own label upon you? Unless you subscribe to the Watch Tower organizations program of placing a foul stench upon persons who question and challenge their teachings or who have doubts about them.

As a former-JW of 30 years (disassociated) I have awaken and realize that if I am worried about being called an Apostate, then I am still in fear of the organization.

I reject such labelings upon myself.

Think: Who has given the Watch Tower or any other religious organization to place such a label upon you. That is outright arrogant! No human entity or agency is your judge.

When the Watch Tower and its members - JWs - call persons "worldly" and "apostates" they have made a "conclusion" and "judgment" upon those persons. This is not for them to do. God and Christ are our judges.

So what I am saying is place yourself in the mindset that you are not an Aposate because someone else says you are.

I am an African American. Do you think I subscribe to the N-Word upon myself because that is what someone wants me to be? No!

If ANY religious organization and its members feels that it has to label others in such a way, then it shows that they are in fear. It shows that they have placed themselves as above others as Judges.

It also implies concealment and containment of "the truth."

Overall, it shows an un-Christlike attitude and mindset as the Master did not treat anyone in this way; not even his enemies.

Remember, you are to follow Christ and worship the One True God.

Don't worry about the labels men LOVE to place on others to cover their own fears and insecurities.

Additionally, when you are labeled as such, know that Christ was called far worse and even thought to be demon-possessed. Count it as a blessing that persons label you as such. It does not mean that the label is true, but that you suffer as Christ did.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Were grasping for truth in the other areas sometimes needing brighter light as time goes on.

They will keep grasping and keep needing brighter light because they are listening to and following 7 false prophets

• Absalom
    Absalom

My biggest frustratation is when they say "How do you know you have the truth?"

By us pointing out Watchtower doesn't have truth should be satisfactory. I haven't seen anyone on here claim we know the full truth about the bible. No one does. But We do point out and prove the Watchtower does not have the truth.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JWs prefer wishful thinking over evidence.

• millie210
    millie210

The email mentions "the rich spiritual history"

The actual facts are the "history" is very short - only a little over 100 years. And it isnt "rich" in any way by any standard.

If the above words were to be true it would have to be said about the Jews.

They actually have a history and like it or not - it is rich.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Asking questions is fine and if you had come to the conclusions you came to without looking at all the junk you have been I would have patted you on the back."

So if you learn the Truth about the Truth on your own, you are a hero?

And if you learn the Truth about the Truth from someone else, you are a zero?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit