How Long Have You Been Here?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

12 years for me and before I actually became a member, I looked at this site (JWD) for a few months.

• darwin
    darwin

Hi Minimus! As Blueblades 12 years too. I sent Simon mail to see if he can restore my name on here and have not heard from him yet. So, I am using Darwin because that is where I am at now in my understanding of Evolution.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just got here to this thread and have been here about 40 seconds.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

It was May or June of 2004 when I signed up, but I lurked for a month before joining.

HappyDad

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I lurked here as an elder in 06, joined the site 2/4/07 and posted my intro thread 4/07. I dont spend as much time here as I used to. Busy living a non-JW life.

Snakes

• minimus
    minimus

Hey, Blueblades!😊

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Since April...facing major surgery as an unbaptized publisher, I was shocked and horrified by the aggressive indoctrination they rushed me into into regarding blood transfusions. They tried to get me a blood card, and brought the blood video to my house, which we proceeded to watch while eating popcorn.

There had already been major wtf moments prior to this, such as false prophesies, 1914 and the "invisible rule" but the whole biased blood video pissed me off. I made arrangements for my sister to be my poa and wrote specific instructions that I would accept blood.

I also came across an article about Candice conti. That led me to research more and I found this site.

I have found the advice and experiences of others here to be so helpful. Though I am no longer attending meetings, my child is being made to attend by my uber dub husband, but he has allowed her to stop studying and negotiated that she only has to do field service a few times a month. She is completely anti-jw and hates going to meetings.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I cant remember.......A LONG TIME I think

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Almost 14 years and I STILL haven't hit 5000 posts!

• minimus
    minimus

nic, we must talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit