UNDERSTANDING WHY THE ORGANIZATION is a false idol and a BLASPHEMY

by Terry 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Marked

• designs
    designs

A similarity exists in the Eastern Orthodox where Tradition reigns, possibly in older Catholics as well. The 'Church' is The expression of the Kingdom of God on earth, the thing you look to for spiritual physicality, thus all of the pomp and ceremony.

Our meetings, field service and assemblies are meant to evoke the same feelings, something to look at and touch so you know God 'is with us'.

• Terry
    Terry

GOD IS WITH US

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Good observation.

Ive had a difficult time getting my mom to realize that when a person is so quick to defend these  imperfect, ever changing 'faithful slavers'  and the organization,  in that , it is the first thing that pops into their head if you say anything against the orgs ideas.

God is now in the second place slot,  and Jesus the third,  and this in fact  is idol worship.

its difficult to even defend the bible when you use the nwt and not another version such as niv or kjv.

since it so clearly has removed Jesus authority, deity, and has added a works based belief system, by adding 'exercise' before the word faith.  I cant get over how much they have changed, after all I never read any other bibles before.

they totally demolished Romans  [esp ch 14] . they took Jesus right out of the picture. 

well, lol, I mean the whole bible.

all Jws can do spring cleaning and toss out all their literature.  makes for good fireplace kindle. after all its all been changed, you cant use anything pre 2009 [maybe pre 2014]  for research, so why have it? get some room in them there closets.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Terry, you make a very compelling and informed case.

My verdict is "guilty as charged".

For me religion routinely co-opts and subverts terminology to suit a corrupt agenda.

So I am really fascinated by your depth of insight when it comes to uncovering and restoring correct meaning.

Thank you for sharing these eye opening comments especially on blasphemy.

I am saving this OP to re-read.

Best wishes.

Fernando

• jhine
    jhine

Just came across this . Excellent work Terry . This sidelining of Jesus and substitution of the GB is one of the things that I noticed straight away when looking at the Watchtower .It is strikingly obvious to Trinitarians .This is one of the reasons for denying the Trinity .It paves the way to Jesus' demotion .Part of the magic trick .

Jan

• Splash
    Splash
    johnamos [4-1-07 WT- Showing Due Respect forthe Faithful Slave

In this WT is a very worrying application of scripture:
    "The humble submission of the other sheep to the anointed members of spiritual Israel was foretold in the prophecy of Isaiah: “This is what Jehovah has said: ‘The unpaid laborers of Egypt and the merchants of Ethiopia and the Sabeans, tall men, will themselves come over even to you, and yours they will become. Behind you they will walk; in fetters they will come over, and to you they will bow down. To you they will pray, saying, “Indeed God is in union with you, and there is no one else; there is no other God.”’” (Isaiah 45:14) Symbolically, the other sheep today walk behind the anointed slave class and its Governing Body, following their leadership."

The interpretation of the verse speaks about those who will 'walk behind' the anointed.
    That verse also speaks of bowing down and praying to those same ones (the anointed).
    The GB did not emphasize that aspect but you know for certain they considered it.

This WT is pretty recent - 2007. I wonder when they will bring out that we should be bowing down to the anointed (although they would say only the GB)?

Splash

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Jehovah's Witnesses worship is emotionless; everywhere evident in their music, their 'art' and the sterile atmosphere of the cracker box Kingdom Halls.

Their 'friendliness' is about as warm as the smile you fake for the policeman who writes you a speeding ticket.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Terry you have a great way with words and logical reasoning.

Human society is desperately in need of the wisdom of mature older persons.

I am often reminded that the transformed Nelson Mandela's career only started at age 75.

Best wishes wherever your remaining years on this great planet of promise and hope take you.

Fernando

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Nothing to see here - move along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit