The Watchtower Writers Blame the Rank-and-File For Failed Prophecy, Why so Evil the Writers/

by SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

ADCMS: even if they (wt writers) did not say " These are the words of Jehovah" ,

according to the definition in Deut. 18, any false prediction renders a spokeman a false prophet, not to be respected, not to be feared;-- to be removed.

out of sight out of mind.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The bible never says," You are a false prophet, unless you admit your mistakes." That "idea" is a WTBTS bible-based teaching.

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Harold Camping admitted his mistake.

I guess, according to WT's definition, he must have been a true prophet.

• cha ching
    cha ching

"hole, what hole?" "Harold Camping admitted his mistake, he must not be a false prophet"

Just hearing others simplify this 'crap' makes life a little more sane.

thx!

• flipper
    flipper

SANLUISOBISPOTRUTHSEEKER- You seem to have hit the nail on the head. Isn't awakening to these truths a real bitch and yet a wonderful eye opening experience all at one time ? Sometimes we don't know whether to cry or shout out for joy that we won't be deceived by the WT Society anymore ! LOL. Your statement, " they ( WT leaders ) write like historical revisionists who refuse to admit their own errors and for what reason ? " I'll answer : Follow the money trail. If they keep throwing up enough BS information to keep their " time of the end " game going " overlapping generations " and all that crap- they'll keep pumping money into this 135 year old organization so as to keep the WT boys at the top and their cronies being in a " comfortable zone " for retirement where everything will be provided for them until they die. It's NOT about the rank & file JW's - it never was- it's always been about " organization needs first " . People never or way down the list . Very sad.WT leaders HAVE to lie to keep the WT organization running- there is no other way- otherwise they'd have to be honest and it's NOT in their makeup to do so

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Brilliant comments above....all thought provoking...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wesiebilly11 - "Brilliant comments above....all thought provoking..."

Well, the majority of XJWs are fairly intelligent folks.

It's a pretty big part of why they're XJWs.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Great comment about Harold Camping! Didn't the WWCG leader write a massive and heartfelt apology? He must also be a true prophet!

Here is my current opinion of the subject. Based on what the Bible says ( Yeah, I know...) we are no longer under the Mosaic Law. Those scriptures about false prophets were for the Nation of Israel way back then. If you are a Christian, then you must realize that it's not your place to judge someone. Yes, you may make a " Judgment ", like deciding to walk away from a Church that teaches falsehood, or handles snakes. You may stop associating with someone who says they are a Christian, but lives an "immoral" life.

You have have judged that you need to walk away or ignore the ideas of someone like Harold Camping. That is a differen sort of judging than pointing a finger and condemning another human as a false prophet who deserves death according to the OT. It seems that this sort of judging is unique to extremist religions. Normal people don't despise "false prophets", they ignore them.

The WTBTS routinely judges other religions for false prophecy, yet they meet the criteria for a false prophet. They should be ignoring false prophets, instead they play the judge, jury, and future heavenly executioner. They do this because they NEED the polarizing effect, they NEED the members to be judgemental.

Why can't the WTBTS just stand on its own merits, without all the finger pointing?

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DD: Didn't the WWCG leader write a massive and heartfelt apology?

Here you go:

The successor to Herbert Armstrong (The Worldwide Church of God) Joseph Tkach, Jr., made sweeping changes, perhaps more so than any other leader of a large-scale church movement in history. In part he said [6]:

"Our flawed doctrinal understanding clouded the plain gospel of Jesus Christ and led to a variety of wrong conclusions and unscriptural practices. We have much to repent of and apologize for. We were judgmental and self-righteous—condemning other Christians, calling them "so-called Christians" and labeling them "deceived" and "instruments of Satan."

We imposed on our members a works-oriented approach to Christian living. We required adherence to burdensome regulations of the Old Testament code. We exercised a strongly legalistic approach to church government. Our former old covenant approach fostered attitudes of exclusivism and superiority rather than the new covenant teaching of brotherhood and unity. We overemphasized predictive prophecy and prophetic speculation, minimizing the true gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ. We’ve been wrong."

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I would have more respect for the WT leaders if they had done the same ADCMS

The leaders of the Watchtower organisation are too proud & stiff necked to ever produce a statement like that though.

They are cruel shepherds preferring to blame the least ones of their brothers.

They have stumbled many.

Matthew 18: 1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3 and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 “Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 “And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit