LDC Semininar

by Sour Grapes 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Tech49
    Tech49

I second the comments of Leaving_quietly. I recognized the name Mark Lafdany as well; I have worked with him in the past, he is a company man thru and thru.

• never a jw
    never a jw

• Transparency – windows and a store front like entrance - that passersby will be able to see into

Yep, it's a business. Now they are considering the marketability of kingdom halls. They can ask more money for the commercial like hall than they do for the current windowless ones, which have a limited market, only other religions would be interested.

here’s a $600,000 facility at NO CHARGE - ENJOY!!!!!”

Sure, wait till they hit you with the monthly "rent" and maintenance. Dubs pay all the expenses while the property increases in value. Then kick them out and start all over again.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

They're really talking it up...and to people that are already on mind control. We'll hear more, no doubt.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Phizzy-

I think you're on to something.

The JWs (simple minded religious cult) are about to be ''Jehovah sez''d into financing and build scores of big, expensive commercially viable buildings for The WT (legalistic real estate cult).

My guess is the real estae cult wants to ''rent'' these buildings to the silly religion cult by increasing the obligatory 'pledges of donations' that happened last year. (Rent is taxable income, donations aren't)

This arrangement will give the real estate cult complete control over the costs of the building and it's future maintainance, at the same time wresting away from the elders any hands-on knowledge of the future operating finances of the building- easier to cook those books with fewer eyes watching.

People wonder ''Why do this now, when the end is so very very, unbelievably, almost here, just around the corner close?'' Because...

As the baby boomers leave this earthly thrall behind, the greatest exchange of wealth everis about to take place. Greedy cult wants to benefit from their legacy of being the wealthiest generation to have ever lived. They'll be begging and guilting for inheritances and estate bequests. If you have a nice corner lot on a main thouroughfare Jehovah would sure like you to give it to his real estate lawyers for developement.

Look what a scam the assembly halls are - the kingdumb halls could be equally profitable.

• bobld
    bobld

"leave everything and everyone to come work on this project"

Is that not what they did on the Brooklyn project only to give the workers the boot when it was all completed and pocket the loot.

It looks like they got a new set of suckers.I say good for them when they get the boot.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

2) F*** off WT!!!

3) A watcher, stop doubting flat roofs! WTH is wrong with you? How can you doubt Jeehoobie???

4) It's a cult!!!!

DD

• bobld
    bobld

"Largest development corparation in the world-we own over 80,000 properties"

If 76,000 are kingdom halls with an average of 1.5 congregations per hall that equals to 114,000 cong..What is the total world wide 112,000 more or less.

So why do you need an addtional 30,000 kingdom halls. Sorry your are in the real estate business..

• bafh
    bafh

STANDARIZATION = SIMPLIFICATION=ACCELERATION

As a Business Model – this would be utterly ridiculous!

The whole idea is like “branding” – or “franchising” – and very recognizable building / logo / message repeated over and over across the country.

Well. Uh, as a business model this DOES work it's called McDonald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Subway, blah blah blah. How do they think track homes work? Who are they fooling? I've seen comments from JWs talking about how progressive the WT is now that they are "broadcasting" - but it smacks of Jim and Tammy Faye, 700 Club, you name it. JWs aren't so progressive as much as they are about 20 years behind. Come on people - is it really so hard to see? sigh

BAFH

• Londo111
    Londo111

Wow...I am floored reading this. If I had been sitting in this seminar, I'm sure red flags would be going up all over the place.

Is it me, or does this LDC program seem very fishy?

• label licker
    label licker

What came to mind as to what they will look like was what some of you posted here in the past. There were pictures of buildings where the front was all store front glass and you could walk in and sit down and read their literature. I think one was Mexico and the other one was in France. And they looked exactly like franchise drive thru buildings. All I can say is wow and very shocking. I'm saddened as to what they are doing to their blind followers,

No doubt there will be a numbers report on how many homeless have come into the cult! We all know how JW.Org loves to help the homeless. NOT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit