WAR & RUMORS OF (NUCLEAR) WAR

by You Know 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• You Know
    You Know

A question for all to consider is: If Pakistan and India go nuclear, as seems to becoming more likely by the day, how long will civilization be able to stay intact without completely unraveling, and during that interval will ridiculers be able to maintain the delusion that nothing out of the ordinary is happening in the world? / You Know

> http://www.msnbc.com/news/753586.asp?pne=msn&cp1=1

• COMF
    COMF

how long will civilization be able to stay intact

Probably until about October 4/5, 2002 2003 2004 2005 Real Soon Now(TM).

Perplext no more with Human or Divine,
    To-morrow's tangle to the winds resign,
    And lose your fingers in the tresses of
    The cypress-slender Minister of Wine.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Okay, who wants a spanking?

Does anyone have vacation pictures they'd like to post?

How 'bout them Mets?

• Valis
    Valis

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I always remember Hitler...then the Cold War......

two seemingly untractable conflicts now dust...could misery happen?

Sure.

But two countries with limited nuke capabilites destroying the world?

Unlikely.

Do you think that every other responsible nuclear power would just throw caution to the wind? If anything, it would mandate even higher controls as to nukes. Guarentee you, if any other responsible powers looked and saw millions of dead, and two destroyed nations next door to them, they would think twice before EVER launching nukes.

Could a terrorist get one and cause chaos? Yup. Would it be the end of all? Nope. It would cause a lot of misery and heartache, but we would push on, and live.

What about conventional warfare between the two countries? Happened before, it will again, many many times. But the end of the world is not at hand. Mankind has survived many things; we always pick up the pieces and move on. We're a hardy group.

ashi

• D8TA
    D8TA

Hello You-Oh-I-Forget-Recent-History-Know,

So far the only nation on this planet that has dropped nuclear aresenal has been the U.S. ...and to my knowledge...errr, the world did stay intact and didn't unravel.

Then there was something called the "cold war". Remember? The "cold war"? The "every day threat" of Nuclear Holocaust? How about the Cuban Crisis? Remember? How the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. almost came to blows?

Same thing is happening with India and Pakistan. If they choose to engage in a nuclear exchange, it will not "unravel" the world. Welcome back to the daily issues of planet earth, this type of crap has been happening for a loooong time now. You possess no "special insight" on these issues.

Now...

::hands You Know some finger paint::

Go play in the corner.

D8TA

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Valis,

Lovely picture! Where was that? I want to hear ALL about it.

• Valis
    Valis

Nathan, that is Tulum..a city that got along just fine before Christianity.... you can see all my pics at the following webisite:

http://www.sassquatch.com/Akumal

My friends and i spent a week on the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexican State Quintana Roo.. It was awesome, humbling, and more fun that you could shake an Aid Book at!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• You Know
    You Know
    But two countries with limited nuke capabilites destroying the world?

I am not talking about them directly destroying the world, they don't have that sort of firepower. I am talking about Western civilization coming unraveled becuase of the shock wave that would reverberate around the globe. You know, the financial system that's presently tottering on the edge of collapse?...the political system that holds things together....sort of? You don't honestly think that the world would go on in a business-as-usual fashion if millions of people are instantly obliterated on the Indian Sub-continent do you? A few months back a couple of planes slammed into the WTC and the Pentagon and it nearly brought the nation to it's knees. That was really nothing compared to nukes---the ultimate terror weapon. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    So far the only nation on this planet that has dropped nuclear aresenal has been the U.S. ...and to my knowledge...errr, the world did stay intact and didn't unravel.

The world was already in a state of war at that time and so the shock wasn't really the same as something out of the blue. Plus, Fat Man and Little Boy, as those bombs were called by the lunatics that dropped them, were mere firecrackers compared to the nukes that they have now. Plus, back then, there was no such thing as a global electronic financial system. Now, if one nation or even one large bank of hedge fund hiccups the rest of the world instantaneously responds. It is a much different world than existed in August 1945. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit