Sister in congregation diagnosed w/AML Leukemia. I'm so mad right now.

by azor 12 Replies latest jw friends

• azor
    azor

I just need to vent. I want to scream from the rooftops right now. Life is hard enough when you battle blood cancer but is an unnecessary evil put upon good people by this evil cult. DAMN THE F'N A**HOLES TO HELL!

This particular person is one of the few that was there for my family long after everyone else left.

I know to well how difficult this battle is as my son is 2 years in of his 3.5 year treatment for ALL. The 2 weeks in the hospital w/the weight of this life threatening disease and thinking I would lose my son due to the disease and blood. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE COURTS. My stupidity of allowing HLC there. HLC is there with her now.

My wife and I will do what we can to support her and know we can't say anything to her as she can't handle it in this weakened state.

I am just so mad. They are no better than Jones as far as I'm concerned.

Why oh why can't we do more to stop them.

• azor
    azor

I AM CORRECTING MYSELF THEY ARE WORSE THAN JONES. THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MANY MORE DEATHS THAN HIM.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Azor,

your venting could reach deeper if you didn't abreviate as much. HLC, ALL, AML??

I googled and found leukemia for ALL and AML. HLC still no good answer. Is it related to a Watchtower committee?

Google again and I found the Hospital Liaison Committee.

Now I understand what you are going through. I am very sorry and I hope your friend is strong enough to put hersefl first and ignore the Watchtower stupidity.

• azor
    azor

HLC - Hospital Liaison Committee

ALL - Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia

AML - Acute Myelomic Leukemia

• alanv
    alanv

I guess we just have to be thankful that the courts now seem to be protecting the kids from this destructive cult, overturning the parents wishes to let their kids die.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

At least the Jonestown people died quickly. I've known JWs to die of cancer rather than seeking proper treatment, blood-based or not. It's a cruel death.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Azor -

Your friend is lucky to have such a friend as you at a time like this. You obviously understand her need for comfort and support

through a situation you are already familiar with. A good hospital staff and a good friend is a great Rx.

Thinking of you both

Ajax

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This is awful.

We had five different sisters die in my cong because of not taking heart meds, going the natropath route.

As well as leaving hospital and refusing treatments. The cong stood by and did nothing to encourage

taking better care of ones health. Two of the sisters died at home and were discovered by non- witness

neighbours a week later.

Oh this religion is dangerous.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

They flat out no longer care about them as they are no longer an income source. The bOrg just moves on to find more. Leeches of the most poisonous sort are the wts and soul-sucking gb members.

More ELDERS and Members need to WAKE UP and LOVINGLY ASSIST people to get out.

OnTheWayOut knows how to do it:

We have to find non-threatening ways to penetrate the deep level of belief in anything WTS says. I use everyday conversations to make my wife think. She knows that college/education is extremely valuable to get by in today's world, she is upset at newstories of robbing people of their rights or making women secondary citizens to men. I encourage her independent thinking. I strike nerves on her dissonance but try to keep her religion out of it.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Class action lawsuit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit