Barbara Anderson's Role at Bethel Questioned

by Kismet 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Kismet
    Kismet

Both here and in some private correspondence I have received the role of Barbara Anderson as detailed in the Dateline segment has been questioned.

The main reason is that she is a 'she' and not a 'he' and that 'she's' should not have access to confidential records at Bethel.

Anyone who served at Bethel for any length of time discovered that bethel doesn't always work by the same rules as those they issue to the congregation.

I met Barbara while she was in the midst of her Proclaimer research. It was likely just another 'Branch Tour' to her, but I do remember speaking with her and being impressed by the intelligence behind and shine of her eyes.

A couple of items of interest that should help dispell those who doubt the role she had in Brooklyn. First in the Canada brnach there are two sisters that worked there, B. Newfield and G Macnamara

Both have done research, opened all Writing Dept. correspondence, and have they themselves written articles for the magazines. There are sisters that work in the service department itself and do have access to the S-77 cards as well as the congregation files kept in the Service Dept.

In the Bethel Office, when a bethelite is recommended to serve in their assigned congregation as either a Minsterial Servant or Elder, A questionnaire is filled out by the home overseer, the table head and the work overseer of said brother. The Bethel Office collects this information and if there is a negative comment, the appointment may be refused by the Branch. Who collects this confidential information which can include confessions of masturbation, etc? Two sisters in the Bethel Office. This was at least the arrangment in place until someone made a stink about it. (There is an interesting tie in to Jaracz on this story.)

Any way, at bethel it is common to see sisters having access to information that most (in that patriarchal society) would find surprising. It is true the majority of sisters are in positions of servitude however that is not the case for all women.

Barbara is an exceptional woman. My respect grew for her as I watched her express herself and saw her there in support of Erica.

Kismet

• waiting
    waiting

Barbara Anderson?

Good thing you're so cute, Kis. Now go change your subject line and I'll go read it.

waiting

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

kizzy kizzy kizzy...

you know barbara so well, try and remember her name is

ANDERSON

silly

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• waiting
    waiting

Ha. I read faster than you change. Typical male reaction?

Both here and in some private correspondence I have received the role of Barbara Harison as detailed in the Datelin segment has been questioned.

The main reason is that she is a 'she and not a 'he' and that 'she's' should not have access to confidential records at Bethel. - Kis

I agree fully. I think almost all jw men I have met would be offended by a woman thinking she was an actual important part of the WTBTS. Just wouldn't happen - in the mind of the average jw male - imho.

I also think a lot of jw women wouldn't trust it either. "Uppity woman" and all that - "doesn't know her place in Jehovah's Organization." In fact, I KNOW several women who'd say just that!

In the WTBTS local ranks - if it comes from a woman, it's suspect, because women don't have the authority, power, respect, or brains, to be taken at face value among Jehovah's Witnesses.

waiting

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Well....looky here.......Jaracz name comes up again as
    in an unfavorable light.....why am i not surprised

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Waiting,

In the WTBTS local ranks - if it comes from a woman, it's suspect, because women don't have the authority, power, respect, or brains, to be taken at face value.

That must be why they're so messed up!!!

IW

• Kismet
    Kismet

Long story behind that slip up. Thanks for catching it!

An embarrassed Kismet

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    In the WTBTS local ranks - if it comes from a woman, it's suspect, because women don't have the authority, power, respect, or brains, to be taken at face value among Jehovah's Witnesses.

True, as is dictated by WTS official policy, women have neither authority, nor power, and rarely respect. I trust, however, that there is a considerable number who do, in fact, have the "brains," official dogma notwithstanding.

AMNESIAN

• AlanF
    AlanF

Anyone who questions Barbara's credentials can easily call Bethel and talk to any number of Bethelites who she worked for or with:

Harry Peloyan: The "Watchtower official" who Dateline mentioned as the man she worked for on child abuse issues.

Ciro Aulicino: A man who was a fellow researcher on the Proclaimers book.

Karl Adams: The man who actually wrote the Proclaimers book.

J. R. Brown: Head of the Department of Public Disinformation and a man who received much of the material that Barbara accumulated on the Society's mishandling of child abuse issues.

Just about any other senior Watchtower official, such as Don Adams, Bob Wallen or Ted Jaracz.

The JWs are looking for any and all excuses not to listen to the truth.

AlanF

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Barb Anderson .... she is sooooooooo cooooooool ..... and I love her "mug shot". I need to get her poster on my wall.

hawk (who always enjoys listening to Barb's story about that unique place on the other side of the river)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit