Glaring discrepency in Blood Doctrine

by kjg132 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kjg132
    kjg132

I found an article on the Dr. Sears website about the benefits of breasfeeding. According to the article it says: "A Drop of breastmilk contains about one million white blood cells." It also says "Colostrum also contains higher amounts of white blood cells..........than mature milk." If I understand the current doctrine correctly, the policy is not to recieve transfused white blood cells. Also it would be unacceptable for a mother to donate blood, even white blood cells, since it is one of the 4 primary components, to her child. To me this is glaring. The baby is literally drinking, ingesting, the white blood cells. Witnesses have long made the argument that drinking and transfusion are the same abhorrant act. I would love to be able to talk about this with my family and friends that are still in but I know it would not be well recieved. I really don't understand how the blood doctrine could hold up under this.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The discrepancy is even more blatant when you read the WTS's justification for allowing certain fractions. Part of why some fractions are allowed is because they're transferred from mother to child during breastfeeding.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The blood doctrine has become a joke...the medical community can't figure out what the position is now without intervention by the HLC. If that is the case, imagine how confused the poor R&F witness is.

• Aroq
    Aroq

OneEyedJoe, that was exactly what I was going to say. The other part is, where in the Bible does it distinguish fractions of blood?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I thought that was commonly known.

There is no REASON to their blood doctrine any longer.

Medical professionals would laugh their ass off about it if it wasn't threatening lives. That's why they have NO issue with getting a judge to issue a court order for children. If there were some kind of reasonableness behind it all, they might give it fair consideration.

They see it for what it is: It's a cult and it's cult policy.
    It's NOT medicine.

Doc

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The other part is, where in the Bible does it distinguish fractions of blood?

According to WT, there's a categorical prohibition against using blood ("abstain"), yet it has found a way to justify fractions of blood.

Since the same scripture also mentions abstaining from fornication, I contend fractions of fornication are also acceptable (as per WT logic).

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I second Aroq. The Bible doesn't make a distinction of what parts of the blood can be transfused.

The WTS would like to have it both ways. Soon they will change the doctrine and the GB will attribute it to Jehovah's chariot moving along.

Sorry pieces of horse manure.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Even as a teenager back in the '70s when the policy was uber strict (aka no blood at all), I could not reconcile with myself that a symbol of life was more important than life itself.

One should do everything possible within their power to save a life, including the provision of blood.

Their policy was also in contradiction to the belief held that if given the chance, anyone could be a Jehovah's Witness. Not true for hemophiliacs and others requiring whole blood products to survive.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Even as a teenager back in the '70s when the policy was uber strict (aka no blood at all), I could not reconcile with myself that a symbol of life was more important than life itself.

One should do everything possible within their power to save a life, including the provision of blood.

I liked the way Ray Franz put it in an interview that Terry recently posted. Dying for want of a blood transfusion is the same as being willing to divorce your wife in order to prevent the loss of your wedding ring.

Their policy was also in contradiction to the belief held that if given the chance, anyone could be a Jehovah's Witness. Not true for hemophiliacs and others requiring whole blood products to survive.

Hemophiliacs could've been JWs, they'd just die the first time they got a paper cut. But they'd surely go straight to paradise!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My quick fix: breastfeeding is now a disfellowshipping offense

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit