The Hum Drum Lives of Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

And yet paladin1, Jesus load was meant to be kindly and light.

They are more like the temple merchants that Jesus drove out!

And a big welcome paladin1.

• James Brown
    James Brown

My life wasn't boring when I was a Jw.

Except the part sitting at the meetings.

I had lots of friends/ acquaintances.

Lots of dinner dates, parties every week, gatherings.

Sporting games to play in every week.

Skiing, sled riding, toboganing, picnicks.

Job opportunities.

All those things made it hard, stressful and lonely to quit.

I went through a lot of therapy and self help rebuilding my life after I left.

I have never since had as many assoicates, friends.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

What Minimus means is that we won't see any 'Steve Jobs' types in the organization.

Name a national known JW that is not a GB member and not Prince and is flourishing in the non-jw life.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

You can't tell them that, because they think they have the greatest life...meanwhile, when you talk to them, many have depression....what's that about. I think at least 99% of people on earth have depression at one time or another...but if you are a witness & you only hear these are the last days, how else should one feel. I know...I'm gonna die any day now...oh, no, not today ? Ok, maybe tomorrow...oh not tomorrow either....well maybe the next day....& so on....when you live for the future, the present just passes you buy & it will be Hum drum...They claim to serve a happy God, but I don't think they know how to apply it...& how can they when they can't even say nothing about what comes from the society, whether they agree or not....Again, I think most witness suffer from supression rather than depression....

I'm a witness...I am ok, because I enjoy the friends, when I feel like it...sometimes I go with them & sometimes not. My life isn't hum drum because I have a job & interact with other people who are not witnesses & have friends that are not witnesses...that's the key....balance...

Legacy

• minimus
    minimus

Seriously, theres no real purpose in a JWs life. It is just bs. The value of the meetings and field service is what?

• Divergent
    Divergent

James Brown: "Lots of dinner dates, parties every week, gatherings"

Are you sure you are talking about the correct religion??

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said legacy!

• prologos
    prologos

witnesses have the purpose of getting into paradise, some by getting a head start, having pieds a terre in the tropics, snowlands, getting a head start, practising for paradise life, the

others or both, "hastening the day" by doing the "greatest work that will never be repeated", (so better do it fully now!), h2h , moving to exotic places, bethel. aux. signing over estates--.

• minimus
    minimus

All of it is an illusion.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Meet, bleet, slave repeat.....

Meet, bleet, slave repeat.,,,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit