How many deaths does the Bible record?

by LogCon 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

clarity: So the lord god made man in his image did he? Now that is scary!

God doesn't like the reflection he sees in the mirror, so his own self-loathing is taken out on his creation as a just response to assuage the torment of being him. He's not a big fan of introspection either.

---

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." ― Isaac Asimov

St. Teresa of Avila once told god, "If this is the way you treat your friends, no wonder you have so few."

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im not a big bible believer anymore and the initial topic intrquied me, but it lost me from the first entry and im suspect it would many true believers as well. 20 million people alive in noahs day...? Its so difficult if not outright impossible to extroplate the imagiary population of an imaginary time period in human history thats its laughable to even try, but that number just struck me as an attempt to be sensational. When your grand total is only 25 million and your very first guess is a wild 20 million, the whole chart falls apart.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

You mean the same "true believers" who have no problem believing the Universe was created in six literal 24 hour days and that 3-4 million Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years with not a shred of physical evidence to substantiate the story?

OK.

• BU2B
    BU2B

But remember! God IS LOVE and God hates violence, and hates those who love it!!

• blondie
    blondie

Did you include the 2nd destruction of Jerusalem, 1,100,000 killed, 97,000 taken as slaves?

• smiddy
    smiddy

And with all this evidence / proof ,  from God /Jehovahs /Yahwehs own word the bible  ,

Millions of people will still worship him as the God of Love .

It is stated that man was made in Gods image .....Then God has to be an idiot.

smiddy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I have to say that god is not as bad as you make him out to be, because in my opinion the number killed at the flood is way to high. He maybe a raging murdering maniac but come on, isn't that piling it on a bit??
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    The figures are grossly understated if you include the flood. You have estimated 20,000,000. I have seen estimates that there would have been 1 billion people on earth at that stage. Remember that apparently humans were living to 1000 years old, having very large families, and not so affected by disease, and there is a 2200 year span between Noah and the flood. Population growth rates under these conditions would have rapidly reached the 1 bilion mark.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Why not number anyone and everyone who is considered worthy of death? That's 7 billion in our modern world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit