JW-College-Police!

by Atlantis 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"I am proud of our department in that we have different races, sexual orientation, different ages and gender," Green said. "When you are a microcosm of the people you serve, people are more trusting of the department — regardless of who is at the helm."

I'd like to hear him repeat this in front of Tony the Turd.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I seem to remember that JW's could not take a job that required carryin gun, but its been a long time (I was in 1973-1987). My recollection is that you could be DF'd if it caused a probllem in the congregation. Now here this guy is advocating to public officials that his employees should be armed. I suspect he's the guy that they point to when they want to show people how normal they are. That may change when he's no longer that guy.

• inbetween
    inbetween

If a job requires to carry a gun, you won`t be dfd, but no privileges like ms or elder.

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

I'd like to hear him repeat this in front of Tony the Turd.

Turd does not approve thinking so, but he sure approves creating a false impression of tolerance for the public. So no issue here.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Green and his counterparts, in 2002, persuaded university officials and regents that public safety on the campus would be enhanced if the officers were allowed to carry Tasers and other stun guns and, in 2007, to carry handguns and other weapons similar to those used by municipal police officers."

Interesting. He didn't simply go along with a weapons policy already in place but actually "persuaded" officials to get guns and other weapons into his officer's hands.

Completely hypocritical considering WT's stance on guns, weapons and self-defense.

Typical JW: claim to be obedient to the GB because god uses them, then go the opposite direction when it personally suits him.

• jws
    jws

My brother-in-law was a guard at a prison. I thought I remember him talking about target practice at a range. So I've got to think at one time he carried a gun. Although several (20+) years ago, he quit over something to do with the job and his conscience and I thought it had to do with guns. Maybe the gun training was required, but he didn't have to carry? Then it changed?

To this day, I can't picture him as a guard. He's fat. It doesn't look like he's exercised a day in his life. He's not that tall either. In short, he is not intimidating whatsoever. Can't see him as much of a threat as a guard.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shirley - "Typical JW: claim to be obedient to the GB because god uses them, then go the opposite direction when it personally suits him."

GB knows it, too.

Why else do you think they're putting their foot down on WT policies?

It sure ain't because the mass of rank-and-filers are dutiful and obedient.

Passive rebellion is always a sure sign of deeper unrest.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

Just read the article....

i bet This guy is not carrying a gun himself. Nowhere in the article it's said... Just That he equiped his teams. He can say He let his employees carry one and act according to their conscience.so as a JW he keep his hands clean and even Can be an Elder or something... So Much for not being a hypocrite if it's the case.

but we have to agree, if what's written in the article is True, it has to be saluted and acknowledged as a great achievement.

had he not let slip This phrase "i'm one of JW", i'm sure no one would have asked if he is carrying a gun or not, and the focus would have been on the job described and the results instead,.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I thought it ironic that the journalist was a higher education reporter ?

just saying

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit