the Wt Study last Weekend

by thedog1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would rather take the money you would have wasted on that Israel mission this coming spring and put it into silver. You should be able to get a monster box with that much money. Then, once the dollar becomes toilet paper and the acute silver shortage comes because no one is producing any at these offensively, ridiculously low prices, that monster box of silver will easily buy the house listed above plus deluxe furniture. Obviously, as I so often repeat, you keep the silver yourself--not donating any to anyone. After all, the pious-sneers and hounder-hounders had access to the exact same information I had, they had access to the exact same silver and gold shops online that I did, they had access to the exact same YouTube videos I had access to.

Maybe some of them should have made better decisions. Any time you have to use a death threat to keep people in line, you know you have a bad ruler--and it was joke-hova that used a death threat to keep mankind enslaved.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Witnesses are being asked to financially support, not only pioneers, but circuit overseers if they need medical help, and to fill in with dealing with aged parents if missionaries are abroad.

The bottom line to that is , the organization that has encouraged them to take on this role should be responsible for these needs , just another example of the G.B.members passing the buck , its not our responsability , I beg to differ .Jas.1:27

smiddy

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Oubliette”: “‘Those who enter the full-time ministry do so, not to gain financially, but to give – to Jehovah and to others.’ – w2014, 9/15, p. 32, para. 21” “So why don't the GB members "give" the money they control to others?

That’s because the GB consider themselves to be the “others” (i.e., they want people to give to Jehovah and to themselves). And since in reality the GB and Jehovah are one and the same (yes, folks, it’s really, in effect, a psychological thriller with a twist), all the money just goes to the empire of the oh so great and wonderful GB. (Sarcasm indeed.)

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

WTWizard... do you really think they are not doing that? Maybe not metals but funds, stock, etc. You bet they are. Even if it is just to hedge the cost of international transactions, they need to do something about it. You can't fund activity on foreign countries and then sit down and pray that the currency does not crash, leaving them with a huge hole in their pocket. True, they will ask for more if that happens, but the reality is the money lost is money lost. I am well convinced that they trade the markets to try to maximize profits.. may be this is one good way to siphon money out and pay someone big time. Besides that, I remember they have more than once advices the R&F against entering into especulative markets. You can bet your head that if they are saying you should not do it, then they are doing it for sure.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Of course they gamble on the stock and currency markets. The WTBTS has controlling stock in Randcam - it supplies military contracts to the US (missile engines and drones) stocks in Philip Morris the tobacconist, Kraft foods, gilts, and still own more real estate via dummy companies (one called "National Cemetaries" or something like) than the Catholic Church in NY.

They spend literally hundreds of thousands a year buying in advice from worldly financial companies. The WT reps who deal with them have business accounts, to pay for corporate entertaining.

I know - a friend was "cultivated" when he visited Crooklyn ( he owned his own comany). He was shown around upstairs - one of the drones remarked: "You must have money if they brought you up here".

And, yes he met one of the worldly financial advisers, and the brother paid for the whole evening on his business expense account.

One of the brothers there that evening was thrown out of Beth Hell a few weeks later, along with the sister he had been poinking.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Wow, that's a very nice hangout in Wales!

Hey, other faiths have very nice cribs, well, so do we!

I'm BACK!!!

Regarding our "paid clergy" types, believe me, the Org cares for them very well. No money from our family to any of them, especially the CO and above; whatever the Org doesn't cover, the local cong will.

In our case, we only contribute a fair share to care for local KH monthly expenses, same as when we have assemblies. Nothing crazy, just enough.

GC

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I love to give and to help, but when I do, I want to know where my money is going. I don't want to pay for attorneys, I don't want to pay for stocks to suppport tobacco, and armament construction. Before I was df'd I gave to needy families in the cong, and of course in the contribution box. But knowing what I know now, I couldn't contribute unless it was to a needy family.

I would love to learn what is done with all of the money, and I wish I knew what the gigantic construction was in NY. I feel so sorry for the R&F, many of them are so poor and need help. It makes me so sad when I see on tv, people volunteering to feed the homeless and needy, and the food drives, and toy drives, and companies buying shoes and backpacks at the beginning of the schoolyear for underpriviledged kids, and the WT, and the religion I loved for all of my life not do one thing, not give one cent to any of its own needy people.

It makes me sick.

Take Care,

AB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit