How to disassociate? HELP

by Mandrake 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Why give the JWs the satisfaction of playing by their rules. Your legal grandstanding will prove nothing....to them it will just show that you are a spiteful apostate. Nobody else in the community will care in the least. All this will say is that you 'played by the JW rules to the bitter end'. You are no longer a JW the moment you CHOOSE not to play their game anymore. In 'normal' churches when you decide to leave you just stop attending. And no longer call yourself a member of that religion. No need for a Grand Announcement. My advice is to just AT THIS MOMENT declare to yourself that you are no longer a participant in the JW religion. Then, look forward and move on to more positive interests. Just leave the Witnesses behind. If the elders or anyone else tries to question your decision, just tell them you are not going to discuss it. End of Story!!

• zeb
    zeb

So many like yourself fell the need to write out some letter or such.

• Ask yourself did you write an application to join? No.
    • Did you get a certificate after baptism? No. There is nothing to 'resign' from.
  • steve2
    steve2

Self-respect may nudge you into a position of controlling your expressive urges that reflect more short-term emotional needs so that in the longer term you don't fizz out the way many strident ex-JWs do.

Keep an eye on your longer term needs which are generally more in keeping with matters of personal dignity and composure.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just adding further to my above post. If you are a convert, youthful, havnt been jw for a lengthy period of time and have no family or social connections. (Which this sounds like you). Then by all means walk out with your middle finger extended to them. Nothing gained nothing lost. For born in like me this is just out of the question.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Mandrake,

It really depends on your circumstances. I went out with a bang and recorded my JC, but it was my circumstances that steered me into that direction. If you want to get in there first because you're fed up of hiding your life style and you want to be free from pestering elders then go for it.

You need to do what's best for you.

If I would have learned TTATT before I got DF'd I may have chosen a different way to exit.

Kate xx

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Why not have the best of both worlds?

Telephone the Convener of the Body of Elders and tell him that you no longer wish to be known as, or associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. Also tell him that you do not wish to be contacted in any way by Elders regarding this matter, and if they do, you will take legal action for the harassment. Finish by telling him that you have recorded your call to him.

He won't have two witnesses to what you've said, so it places him in a very difficult situation. He can't scripturally or organizationally announce anything or accuse you of anything, because it's only his word against yours.

This would really tick him off!

• happy@last
    happy@last

I used the basis of WinstonSmith's for mine, you can find his here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/239460/12/The-New-Diary-of-Winston-Smith

• stillin
    stillin

I don't think that your personal records will ever be completely erased. What if a person was a sexual predator or something? They drop out of the religion, records are erased, then they come back, fresh and new to repeat their sexual offenses against an unsuspecting congregation.

Just sayin'.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

Thank you for all your opinions, as a background I can tell you that I'm a born in but only mother and father are witnesses, the rest of my family don't. I have a few friends inside but they know that I already DONT believe in the cult anymore and are even willing to keep in contact with me if I get DF o DA. My family broke up a year ago in a very very painful and bitter way so elders know I have a worldly girlfriend and I'm inactive... I'm more and more involved with my university friends and to be honest I feel ready for the final step... Well I'm thinking of making that official declaration, and keep it to myself and wait (months, even years) to show it to the elders and get them to give the "announce", It can be possible that I even won't show it at all, but making it will be by some reason a relief for me... I'll tell you what happens :) thank you again, It's been almost 2-3 year of lurking before strating to post :)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The key word is that you're in uni.

Focus on that.

You do not need to oblige the Borg a neutron.

Just do your thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit