JW Friend was Married this Weekend. Tutto è bene che riesce bene.

by objectivetruth 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

A close JW friend of mine, got married this weekend.
    Ever since he and I meet (13 Years Ago) when we were both 18 we've been close and we've experienced different Life experiences together.

Our qualities, have complemented each other well over the Years..
    He the Voice of Responsibility and Reservedness, & I the voice of Spontaneity and Passion.
    I taught him about Life and he taught me about Perseverance through trial.

I care about Justice, he cares about Reputation.
    He is a Better Person then I will ever be, but so Stricken by Society.

I always stuck my Neck out for him, but Our Friendship was the Thorn in his Reputations side.
    He was on the Path to MTS, and I was on the Path of Frivolity.
    Despite all this.. When the 2 of us were together, free from the scrutiny of The outside world he was himself, and he was a Great Friend. Though naive about much, he always tried to do what he could to be a friend.

I was there when he and his Now Wife first started Dating.. I envisioned him Marrying her, and my Wife & I spending many enjoyable times with them as a couple.

Shortly after they Meet My wife & I learned TTATT.. I explained my findings to him as I did with all my friends and family. He being a person, whom I perceived to have great deal of Biblical Knowledge, I expected valiant effort coming from him to "help me" see where I had erred.
    All I got was a email with 3 irrelevant Watchtower Articles & some even more irrelevant scriptures.

I would have surely been his best man, but instead another mutual JW friend was asked.
    I am Not DA'd or DF'd but this is the Pseudo Non-Invitation that he sent :

"I have enjoyed your company, as well as (my wife's name ) over the years, and in many ways you have become like a brother to me. But know that I will do whatever I feel is necessary to maintain my relationship with Jehovah. That being said, I appreciate your kind words about our engagement, and (fiancé name) and I are glad that you and (my wife's name) were able to share in the joys of our courtship. Our wedding will be held in a Kingdom Hall in a few short months, as (Best mans name) may have told you, and that being the case it is open to the public as are normal meetings held there."

I'm assuming they were married this weekend, and I can't say what I feel.. Comprehension would probably be the only way to describe my emotions, on this matter.. Which is Sad in and of itself.

"I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude." - Thoreau

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

So sad.

For your sake, I wish he valued True Friendship more than his Reputation.

He's the one missing out.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

He's the loser bro......give it a few years. And dont feel bad, before I even learned TTATT I was assisting the accounts servant.....we were pretty close ( I THOUGHT). One day I find out he is getting married......2 weeks before the wedding. So much for friendship. In the borg. THERE ARE NO FRIENDS.

• talesin
    talesin

If he had been man enough to have a straight-forward talk with you, at least you would have some kind of closure. I'm sorry, this is a very hurtful thing for such a close friend - family by choice.

xx

tal

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

I can relate....

Our son married a J-Dub and never even told us about it. Then they had a baby girl which is now two, and never told us about that either.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That stinks! You are probably the only real friend he will ever have. I'm sorry his reputation was more important, but then again he is a JW and thats all they care about.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

As another poster would put it:

Let's review: It's a cult.

Doc

• clarity
    clarity

Objective ...... even when you see it coming,

the rejection is gut wrenching. So sorry...you

are the better man & deserve better!

Well damn it, we all deserve better than what

these jehovah witness programmed drones

dish out!

So glad we woke-up and have a treasure worth

having ........freedom to think, freedom to speak

and love for our unique & wonderful selves!

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

J-Dubbed ...so sorry that happed to you, I can

relate to your words as I am experiencing that

sort of evil thing too.......hard to believe that your

own flesh & blood ..... can do this!

clarity

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

J-Dubbed ...so sorry that happed to you, I can

relate to your words as I am experiencing that

sort of evil thing too.......hard to believe that your

own flesh & blood ..... can do this!

The thing is I don't believe he is doing this with his "own" mind. I think he brainwashed/under mind control so bad that he doesn't realize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit