Commentary Press

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

From Commentary Press: "In honor of Raymond & Cynthia Franz, the present copyright owner of Crisis of Conscious and In Search of Christian Freedom is committed to further distribution of these publications. More details will be forthcoming."

http://www.commentarypress.com/

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

The Commentary Press site is today a memorial to Ray and his wife. I just wish it was more than something dedicated to the dead. It should be a site dedicated to the living who remain in the Watchtower!

Is that not what Raymond Franz would have hoped for?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I see the dedication to further print and distribute is very much a dedication to the living HMTM.

A dedication to educate

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    The copyright owner has failed to make Raymond Franz' books available in print as he himself did.
  • Watchtower-Free
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Thanks Watchtower-Free. The problem is most JWs will be reluctant to read Ray's books online fearing to be compromised in some way. This is why the printed books are so necessary. What I do not understand is why Ray could print them but his successors cannot?
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

HMTM in reality, most people can more easily read the pdf versions because it is not something easily seen. No hiding of the book.

Seriously, it can be stored on a thumb drive.

• recovering
    recovering
    The cost of printing hardcopy is prohibitive. There is not enough demand to justify even a limited run.
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I've read the pdf, there's NO WAY I could've gotten away with reading and hiding a hard copy at the time. Now my feelings are out in the open I really want to buy COC to read and have around the house but can't afford the silly prices at Amazon.

Who owns copyright then?

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

I don't think anybody owns copyright. I'll print the book, but the repercussions of an actual copyright holder jumping on the bandwagon mid-project is daunting. I don't think Cynthia left the rights to anyone. She never had children, but that doesn't mean that here is no distant living relative. Oh and I am deadly serious when I say that I would print it. I do NOT want to sound like the publishing house we so love to hate, but we could make it available at a more affordable price - just to cover the printing expense!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit