May JW Broadcasting Video about the Money Problems

by FusionTheism 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

In the video, they repeatedly talk about these big ugly misunderstandings that have taken place between the Circuit Overseers and the Elders,, at least partially, leading to their current money problems fiasco.

If the Governing Body were intentionally lying, wouldn't they lie to make themselves and their Elders look better, instead of worse?

What would the motive be for them to tell everyone about these big misunderstandings?

• sir82
    sir82

What would the motive be for them to tell everyone about these big misunderstandings?

Firstly, I don't recall explicit statements claiming "big ugly misunderstandings between COs and elders".

Assuming that you are inferring such, and assuming your inference is legitimate, I'd say one reason would be to promote a sense of (false) humility, as in "we are imperfect, our money shortages are due to imperfections of men, and now that you know this, send us your $$$$$$$$."

If the governing body are intent on telling the truth, why don't they tell the truth about the $800 million or so that they have reaped (so far) from the sale of Brooklyn properties? Why don't they tell the truth about how many $millions have been spent on out-of-court settlements to victim of JW child abuse?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FT: In the video, they repeatedly talk about these big ugly misunderstandings that have taken place between the Circuit Overseers and the Elders

Could you provide some specific quotes, please? Be sure to include links and timing references to the video. Thanks!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Just as in business...senior managers blame the middle management
  • FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Yeah, but it makes no sense from a motive standpoint if they are intentionally lying in order to look better.

If they were doing that, they should've claimed everything was fine among the Elders, but instead Satan is attacking the weaker Witnesses (or something) causing them to be stingy, tight-fisted, and lacking in generosity and support for Jehovah.

Instead, the video explicitly says that the individual members of the Congregation are not to blame at all.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Wow, FT! Did you and I watch different videos or what?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

FT: the video explicitly says that the individual members of the Congregation are not to blame at all.

Again, could you please provide specific quotes? Include links and timing references to the video. Thanks!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Please stop with your "Columbo" routine. You know damn well what your doing, so just stop.

Lurkers, don't be confused by the OP, it's pure spin. The GB aren't going to say that everything is just fine, because it isn't. You can't run a scam ( new voluntary monthly pledge ) and have tons of lawsuits pending, and expect it to stay secret for long.

So the advantage of divulging information is that in leaking some "truth", you make yourself sound more convincing and sincere. At the same time you lie your ass off by omission. This is no different that a politician getting busted and "getting in front of" an issue before the press can blow the lid off the thing.

It's called minimizing the damage so all the head bobbing dubs will say, " Yeah, yeah, uhuh, yep, yep... The GB told us that you would try to use their imperfections against them...yep, yep, yep.." ( bob, bob,bob...flatline......) 😵

DD

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Plus, another thing:

If you're intentionally lying, why on earth wouldn't you have made it sound really desperate, like saying you needed money for the Disaster Assistance Fund, or for helping poor widows, or for printing publications?

Instead, they told everyone they needed the money to build fancy new buildings.

I don't think they're lying, I think they're making bad/unwise decisions on how they use their money.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Like I've said in other threads here. The GB should of (at the very least) been more clearer in how the new funding arrangement was going to work. By telling the R&F that the loans had been cancelled when in fact they hadn't been has given the impression that their financial situation is stable. I believe at the moment Wt is a flush with money. This is not the issue but long term solvency is, and i believe this is what the money is been used for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit