Who is copying who? Jws or Mormons?

by stuckinarut2 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It amazes me!

Witnesses go on about how "blessed we are to have the website and all the content from Jehovah etc"

But I have been noticing the parallels between JWs and the Mormons!

For example, the jws video on "what's a real friend?" has been trumpeted to be the best form of education for young ones, but a simple search brings up the Mormon website and their equivalent videos!

https://www.lds.org/youth/video/a-true-friend?lang=eng

so, Who is copying who?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Here is the Mormon site for youth...

( seems much better than anything "Jehovah" is providing through jw.org!)

https://www.lds.org/youth/for-the-strength-of-youth?cid=YS-M-youthstrength&lang=eng

However, note how similar the methods of indoctrination are! They even have the "leaders" address them just like the GB address our witness youth....

Very similar indeed.

Now I am not advocating mormons in any way, but simply showing that the claims that witnesses make about the uniqueness of the jw.org website is simply ludicrous.....

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Same but different. Check out the advice on education....

Some of my friends are dropping out of school to get jobs. I don’t really like school either, but I know education is important. What should I do?

“You are moving into the most competitive age the world has ever known. All around you is competition. You need all the education you can get. Sacrifice a car; sacrifice anything that is needed to be sacrificed to qualify yourselves to do the work of the world. That world will in large measure pay you what it thinks you are worth, and your worth will increase as you gain education and proficiency in your chosen field” (Gordon B. Hinckley, “A Prophet’s Counsel and Prayer for Youth,” New Era, Jan. 2001, 8).

The day I see that advice on jw.org is the day I regain my faith.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

the uniqueness of the JW.ORG website is the ever growing and unmatched number of languages wherein a massive amount of spiritual content can be obtained.

If you look at it on a worldwide scale Jehovah's Witnesses do a much better job. They exist for a shorter period of time but managed to get a much larger number of followers in almost any country outside of the U.S. For example in my (european) country all people have had witnesses at their doorstep but almost none ever saw a mormon show up.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great find konceptual!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How about their section on dress and grooming, or honesty...

so very similar....

I reckon this just highlights that witnesses are not the unique people they claim to be!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

ITKH - to save hijacking this thread I have starting a new one on the point you make about the relative success of JWs v Mormons worldwide. I'm interested in your response.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/287547/1/Preaching-is-a-waste-of-time

• sir82
    sir82

It's pretty obvious that the JWs and the LDS have hired the same "image consultant" to oversee their internet propaganda efforts.

I'd love to know who it is.

• Oubliette
  • millie210
    millie210

Just off the top of my head I would have to say

Why on earth would the Mormons want to copy the JWs.

THey are already doing better in every way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit