Why do "Awake" vloumes only start at 1970 on computer disk?...interesting!

by Witness 007 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yet Watchtowers go way back to 1950's....I picked up three Awake volumes 1967-1969 I was struck by the poor science {aluminium is posion}, demon articles and anti-organ transplant articles. Also much was said about 1975 being the end of the system and "the generation." It feels like Fred Franz was writting alot of these which now is plain embarrasing and better left un-published.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

And for the same reason, their website doesn't have access to articles older than the year 2000.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Lotsa crazy ass shit in those Awakes, especially the "face the fact that you will never grow old in this system of things" tirade in 1969.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Why only 1970 on?? Because of all the BatS##t CRAZY pre-1970 stuff !!!!!!!

Although as pointed out in the Zone visit talks, even this week's material can be Batsh#t CRAZY.

• zeb
    zeb

For the same reasons they have edited the Library volumes. Remove the embarrasing stuff.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Revisionist History at it's finest!!

DD

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

A few days ago, I pointed out some of the crazy stuff from the past to my half-in/half-out child.

The child said, "But that is so old."
    I said: "Oh, so truth has a best-before date. So when does the info in this (Current mag) become outdated "truth""?

No reply.

Point made.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

because of the May 22, 1969 Awake! issue...

• sparky1
    sparky1

WHY? This is why:

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

1969 awake, " Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way towards its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling… True, those who do not understand where we are in the stream of time from God's viewpoint will call this impractical. But which is really practical: preparing yourself for a position in this world that soon will pass away? or working toward surviving this system's end and enjoying eternal life in God's righteous new order?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit