Is the Society trying to self sabotage?

by truthseeker 24 Replies latest jw friends

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Some times, my friends, it seems the WT is its own worst enemy. And it seems especially so the "higher" the speaker is.

If that doesn't give you a hint that something is fundamentally wrong, nothing will.

Also, I think tony could stand to get a little higher, if you know what I mean. That man needs to relax.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Some weed?

• BU2B
    BU2B

The WT reminds me of North Korea. It is a spiritual North Korea in every sense. Although the leaders are clearly delusional, they keep pumping out the smiling faced propaganda, keep the big rallies going, and demand absolute obedience. If you dont toe the line you are DF or marganilized as non spiritual. In NK, you will be sent to concentration camps.

How many North Koreans actually buy the propaganda? How many are scared and just act? Who knows. Just like JW land.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I think the "mainstreaming" is more marketing and PR than anything else.

It's a veneer to lure people in and keep people, that are in, confused or dazzled by the "shiny" objects.

What we saw from AMIII this weekend is a glimpse at what this organization is at its core. Behind the shiny veneer this organization is abusive and tyrannical.

It will and does eat its own young. Comments in recent and past watchtowers alluding to killing apostates, the constant threats of death at Armageddon to any who aren't completely in line, the fanning of the class envy flames, etc. etc. These notions all tell quite a darker tale than will ever be seen in a Caleb cartoon.

The GB live in a delusional bubble of imagined authority over all humans on earth. They are entitlted to your devotion. "God says so" according to them. They will eventually weed out any who do not worship them and regularly feed the beast (organization). They want a leaner organization of uber-followers. They do not want murmurers and fence sitters.

In the meantime they will continue to cut overhead and seek additional avenues of revenue. In other words run their money-making business.

-TE

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Totally agree BU2B...

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit