How to Knock Nazi Elders off their high horse

by suavojr 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If one is to climb up in privileges and position within the Congregations, one has to assume the position.

Its Jehovah's loving provision.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

One or two asshole Eldubs run the BOE. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE NOT REMOVED.. The BORG leaders realize that these despots keep the sheeple in order. Any reasoning and compassionate Ray Franz type will be sniffed out and removed.

Being "exemplary" is a joke. Exemplary pioneers and Eldubs molest children. They are approved by the Holy Spirit.

DD

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Was an Elder once, is right. The BOE makes the decision to decide the WT reader. But, the Reader should be capable of reading. Should be a good example, but not exemplary. When this decision is make by two, then the BOE should have the courage to address the matter. Although this understood, it is not practiced.

• suavojr
    suavojr

For those wondering how can an active JW post or complain about elders is to help lurkers see how the problem is not an isolated incident. Also, I am planning my exit but on my terms and when I am ready... leaving a cult can be compared to planning your own funeral once you get diagnosed with a terminal illness.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Huh??? Savoir, you are reading too much into this. You do not have a terminal illness. You just have a dysfunctional BOE's that let this thing happen. If you have confidence with an Elder in your cong. discuss this matter with him. At least you will be feeling satisfied in venting your displeasure, and you would be calling out that Elder for the rat that he is.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great idea hoser!!!

haha

• Hidden-Window
    Hidden-Window

Hello everyone,

Having been an elder for nearly a decade, I can tell you of a pattern I noticed both in the body of elders of my congregation and other congregations with which I had contact. There is always at least one elder who has a kind of dictatorial personality and attempts to impose his will on the rest. The worst part is that generally the other elders submit and accept his decisions or suggestions.

There is this absurd concept of "keeping the peace in the congregation" and many elders think that if they contradict another elder, they are somehow disturbing the peace of the body of elders. At times, this concept supersedes common sense and the most elementary sense of justice. This is particulary true in Spanish-speaking congrations for reasons that I will not cover on this post.

In more than one occasion, I had little arguments with elders who tried to make unilateral decisions that I considered unfair to others and in those instances, I was seen as the black sheep among the body. It was very frustrating. I found myself in deeply absurd situations in which lame excuses were being used to remove or not grant privileges. Although I eventually stepped down as an elder due to the fact that I no longer belief this (or any other) is the true religion, the lack of common sense and justice in the body accelerated my departure.

The WT provides general instructions, but elders are the ones who fill the blank when it comes to addressing specific situations. The fairness or unfairness of the decisions depend on their personality. Fairness is not always (if ever) the goal. This is not surprising, because the WT has constantly publish articles in which it hammers brothers who according to them want to insist in getting their rights recognized.

As Ray Franz says, it is hard to understand why people accept this type of treatment, but the truth is that they do, or more honestly, we all did or still do up to a certain point. In my case, I still associate because my immediate family is involved and I do not want to lose my relationship with them, but since I stepped down, I made it clear I am not interested in any privileges.

• flipper
    flipper

They call it a " body of elders " - but in most congregations that I attended there was always ONE elder who would tend to dominate the others. And the other elders usually followed along like little sheep led to the slaughter. It's the crazy " herd " mentality I believe that permeates into individual JW's who are trained to follow, follow, follow - and ignore any doubts or suscpicions they have for an elder who is considerd " Brother Dominator or Brother Controller." I saw this ALL the time as my elder dad was a long time City Overseer who people for many years walked in terror of because of his over serious demeanor and authoritative way that he carried himself. It's really just a psychological mind game and manipulation that many of these controlling Nazi elders use. They consider themselves " legends in their own minds ".

Well, my dad got knocked off his high horse when he started showing too much attention to his best friends wife after his best friend had died- he'd go on long walks alone with her, visit her at her house alone, was even seen kissing her in public and taking her alone to restaurants- he lost his elders position for 4 years and in a " reproved " state wouldn't even visit with other Witnesses after meetings because he was embarrased at not being an elder anymore - in time he got his eldership back and people just tried to forget his dalliance with his friend's wife - but my JW mom didn't forget it- it hurt her for years. Now my dad has HER in an assisted living facility and he's still an 89 yr.old asshole. Leopards don't change their spots.

Point I'm making Suavie is the elder you are talking about- bevause of his arrogance may cook his own goose as he thinks his poop doesn't stink. He'll slip up and fall big time though. Perhaps like my dad did- but if not you just have to stand up to asshats like that. I did with my dad and he no longer intimidates me. These guys think they are entitled - but they bleed red like the rest of us, nothing special

• suavojr
    suavojr

Wow flipper! That had to be tough. Thanks for sharing such intimate detail about your dad, looking back almost all nasty elders within the borg usually meet their match and someone who puts them in place. My own personal problem is the fear due to my JW upbringing. Amazing how this fear creeps up and leaves you frozen. But like you said, they are like any normal person alive.

I think I'm going to have to put this asshole in his place and hopefully it can get me kicked out.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Suck ass your way into his service/car group. Get a condom, and put half a teaspoon of mayo/yogurt in it (you get the idea). When you get (or create) a chance, put it under the back seat so it's visible. Alternativly you could toss a packaged condom somewhere in his home (cloths dryer would work). If you were really devious you could mention to one of the other elders that you saw a woman not his wive in the car, before the condom trick, you would have to be sketchy on the details. It might not knock him off the horse, but the sh1t hitting the fan would be entertaining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit