JC's and recordings?

by punkofnice 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I know there are recordings out there of JCs and more to come. I imagine the average drone wouldn't dream of recording a JC but those who are aware of the TATT might record JCs if they bother to attend.

I'm wondering (Yes, another idle speculation post...sorreeeeeee), with the advent of more being recorded if the WBT$ will change their tack on how JCs are conducted? Leave it the same?

Any thoughts?

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

Hmmmm maybe they'll resort to frisking or using a hand held metal detector ?

• Splash
    Splash

I understand that some JC's are asking the victim to leave their bag and phone outside the room, in addition to asking outright "are you recording this?"

Splash

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DaleRivers - Check your baggage sir?

Splosh - I can imagine some will hide a mic and deny they're recording like the geezer that put the mic in his tie.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yeah, I doubt they'll change the procedure any, they'll just crack down with stricter enforcement.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I recored one of mine. I had so many JC meetings they just became complaicent. They thought the meeting would last five minutes, but it lasted 17 minutes and I took control of some of the topics we discussed. I was told in a few of my JCs that I couldn't record it, but I would have just lied and recroded it anyway if they had asked me not to.

Many have benefitted from listening to it and I still get comments now on the youtube channel

Kate xx

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I've secretly recorded my JC (at least the first 2 hours of it), and keep it as an "insurance policy", for possible later use.

One useful tip: If you take a tablet with you (or a smartphone with a sizeable memory) consider purchasing a DJ/Broadcasting app. Then simply broadcast it into the internet and have SOMEONE else record that broadcast or listen to it. If someone tells you that you can't record it, you can confidently say that you aren't recording. (you're simply broadcasting it live to the world :P There's nothing in the Elder's book against THAT).

Eden

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OEJ - Metal detectors powered by holy spirit

Kate & eden - well done

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The simple answer when invited to attend a judicial committee get together is this -

"Certainly brother, I look forward to it. And because we base our standards on God's Word the Bible, I will follow His instructions at 2 Corinthians 13:1 which says "At the mouth of two witnesses or of three every matter must be established". So I will bring my witness to the proceedings as you also will do, and this will ensure that we are doing things Jehovah's way, and not man's."

Numbers 35:30 - "......at the mouth of witnesses, and one witness may not testify against a soul for him to die.

Deuteronomy 19:15 - "No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin... At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good.

Matthew 18:16 - .....in order that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established.

John 8:17 - ........‘The witness of two men is true.’

Needless to say, no J.C. will be convened under such honest and open circumstances!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

JC's are a joke. I am ashamed I ever allowed myself to be dragged in the back room for any reason.

I remember when something first clicked in my mind. Although it wasn't neccesarily for anything odd, the brothers wanted to speak to my wife. So they asked her in the back room.

She was complying without a second thought, and at the time I was SWIMMING in kool aide. So I notice she is walking to the back and grab my bag thinking maybe we are leaving. She walks into the back room. So I didn't like the way that felt. Door closed.

I stood there for 5 seconds. Like a dummy. Then my balls dropped and I knocked on the door. They cracked it.

I said, "may I come in?"

A nervous "suuuure", came out. I sat with her and listened. Something about her time, emotional state, whatever.

At the end of it, I said, "hey guys, I'm not sure how you would feel about me asking your wife to join me in private for a conversation you weren't invited to, but it doesn't really set well with me."

After they backtracked, and said nothing was meant improper blah blah.....I just said "no problem brothers, just don't let it happen again. I am certain that is not the proceedure even though I'm not sure one exists."

I still think i let them off easy, but it opened my eyes to the unwilling control I had given strangers over my wife and myself! I never "obeyed" the elders again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit