Will It Make Any Difference?

by Dutchie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

The fact is that all of us became Jehovah’s Witnesses despite the fact that the WTBTS has always had a pretty shady past that included false prophesies, questionable behavior by its leaders, twisted scriptures and the like. I could, of course, be wrong but it seems to me that in spite of everything that is happening at this time, there are still needy people who will accept the crap they expound and join the organization.

It will continue to grow and prosper.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

The key for the WT would be to 'grab hold' of folks who have never been exposed to any of these cover-ups. People who don't watch nor care about dateline NBC. People that still think a mouse click refers to the sound you hear when the trap goes off.

• accuracy
    accuracy

One person's "crap" is another person's fertilizer. Getting rid of Jehovah's Witnesses will not get rid of pedophilia, the two should not be linked. No sane or moral person approves of pedophilia, including, as an organization, Jehovah's Witnesses.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, there are people willing to join, but I wouldn't say there are "plenty". Baptisms in Canada are down to 2000 per year (mostly kids), from their peak of over 5000 just a few years ago. Actual conversions are nearly zero.

It is true that the corruption and stupidity of the Society was just as great in the past as it is in the present. However, never before has there been a medium to highlight this stupidity to interested and disaffected ones.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

accuracy, in an attempt to cloud the issues stated:

:: One person's "crap" is another person's fertilizer. Getting rid of Jehovah's Witnesses will not get rid of pedophilia, the two should not be linked. No sane or moral person approves of pedophilia, including, as an organization, Jehovah's Witnesses.

Nobody said getting rid of JWs would remove pedophilia. The issue is indeed 'linked' because the POLICIES as set forth by the GB of JWs provide a haven for those who take advantage of it. Of course no sane or moral person approves of pedophilia. And it doesn't matter whether or not the 'organization' of Jehovah's Witnesses approves of it or not. It's policies regarding pedophiles indirectly protect the one committing the crime. Therefore those policies should change. If the policy makers refuse to change after being made aware of these things, one can only assume that they do not have the victims' best interest at heart, and therefore, they should be removed and replaced with ones who haven't forgotten that an organization is only as good as it's members.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

As long as there are people who want to be told how to live and think, we will always see others lining up to join.

Also, the power one can receive in a congregation when accepted is very alluring to the weak minded. Lawyers and Doctors have the meal ticket now...I am sure the Lawyers are running the show now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey accuracy,only an idiot like you would try to link pediphiles with all JW`s.Thats why WBTS has problems,they got assholes like you running the place...OUTLAW

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

i think it will make a big difference.

why do you think the only place they are getting bible studies and "increase" right now is in "underdeveloped countries"?
    the internet alone, is starting to shut them down.......and now dateline???

>>>>>>>>>>>>>NO MORE BIBLE STUDIES, JWS!!!!!HAHAHAHA!!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

i would agree though, that it won't have much affect on members....they are already under the spell.

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost
    The fact is that all of us became Jehovah’s Witnesses despite the fact that the WTBTS has always had a pretty shady past that included false prophesies --- Dutchie

sorry Dutchie not all of us,
    some of us, like me, were born into it and weren't given a say in the matter until we were old enough to decide and make our own decisions,

i do agree with amount of needy people that need someone/anything to point their way and tell them what to do,
    we call these people "cattle"cause they need to be herded,

"we do not see the world as it is,
    we see the world as we are. . ." Anais Nin

• Matty
    Matty

Do new Jehovah’s Witness converts really want to be told how to live and think? Are they moronic cattle?

I don’t think they do necessarily, they just accept this treatment as being part of the job, because the Bible says that they should be that way. Are they really weak minded? I prefer the term vulnerable to weak minded. Everybody’s looking for some point to it all, why the hell are we here? Who hasn’t thought that? …and at different susceptible times all sorts of people can be open to believing this world of fantasy that Jehovah’s Witnesses have conjured up.

Feel free to contradict me and say I'm talking crap; the thing is I’m not any kind of expert. Personally, I simply don’t understand how someone can have the desire to become a JW, as it was never my personal choice, being brought up in the religion. I have great difficulty however, seeing my mum and dad as morons – I really don’t believe that they are.

I think that a lot of people born “in the truth” like me, who post here are very rude and insulting about people who have at one time in their life decided to become a Jehovah’s Witness – and of course by so doing they are insulting most of the other people who post here. I can fully understand the bitterness, I feel bitter too, but life is just not as straightforward as you think it is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit